News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Facebook Questions

Started by SSOWorld, May 17, 2011, 05:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSOWorld

Anyone else notice how this has no privacy setting at all? :banghead:  All questions you answer will show up to everyone who is logged in to Facebook.  I had only answered 5 questions, none of which are controversial topics (unless you consider coke vs pepsi controversial ;))

Fair warning!  Don't use this app if you don't want your views seen by potential employers, family, etc.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

NE2

Quote from: Master son on May 17, 2011, 05:45:57 AM
Fair warning!  Don't use Facebook if you don't want anything you say seen by potential employers, family, etc.
fixed for you
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

J N Winkler

What "Facebook Questions"?

Direct quote from my own Facebook profile (Info page, Philosophy section, Favorite Quotations heading):  "(Old Russian proverb) Man is master of the word not said; once it is uttered, it is his master."  This summarizes my own Facebook approach.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Zmapper

I never noticed that actually. What I hate even more are the apps like "Truth Game" that people plaster your wall with.  :banghead:

Alps

agentsteel53

don't make me bring back the reference to goats with huge sex organs.

jake@aaroads.com

Zmapper

J N Winkler

Quote from: Zmapper on May 17, 2011, 05:20:31 PMI never noticed that actually. What I hate even more are the apps like "Truth Game" that people plaster your wall with.  :banghead:

Have you tried blocking those?  There is a right-click menu option to do so--that's how I've gotten rid of Farmville.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

SSOWorld

Yeah you can get rid of questions from your news feed, but they still index them in your left link farm.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Duke87

I would never have even considered that there would be, as I am not in the habit of making things visible to some friends but not others. Public stuff is public. If not everyone can see it, it happens via private message or chat.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 17, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
I double dare you.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

agentsteel53

Quote from: Adam Smith on May 18, 2011, 08:58:21 PM
I double dare you.

where's that picture JN Winkler posted a link to a few weeks ago showing a very classical-looking statue of a man fucking a goat?

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 18, 2011, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: Adam Smith on May 18, 2011, 08:58:21 PM
I double dare you.

where's that picture JN Winkler posted a link to a few weeks ago showing a very classical-looking statue of a man fucking a goat?

Why not just go all the way and post a goat.se:pan:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

agentsteel53

Quote from: Brandon on May 18, 2011, 11:25:45 PM

Why not just go all the way and post a goat.se:pan:

because it does not actually contain a goat. 

jake@aaroads.com

J N Winkler

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 18, 2011, 09:07:44 PMwhere's that picture JN Winkler posted a link to a few weeks ago showing a very classical-looking statue of a man fucking a goat?

From the Wikipedia article on Human-goat sexual intercourse.

The Premier

I have a feeling this is going to get ugly... X-(
Alex P. Dent

Zmapper

NE2

What do you expect from a thread about bloody Facebook?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zmapper

Facebook relevant stuff probably.

realjd

Quote from: Zmapper on May 19, 2011, 03:04:14 PM
Facebook relevant stuff probably.

This is relevant. Our personal data is the goat in this analogy and Facebook is the faun.

Alps

I thought Mark Zuckerberg was the goat... maybe that's when the statue flips positions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.