The first ever "US Highway field of 68" bracket

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, March 04, 2012, 09:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

US 491 is under investigation for using a false identity and birth date.

Update: US 491's official statement says that it changed its name for safety reasons; under its old name, its signs were often stolen and after its parent died in '85 it was increasingly shunned.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 05, 2012, 09:44:51 PM
Faulty planning on my part. :banghead: I thought I could poll each game (essentially which road do you "like" more for each game) in one thread (even I wouldn't want 67 different polls threads on the board).
I'm open to any suggestions as to how to play out "this tourney" within one thread.  :hmmm:
I'm open to not trying :P

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Steve on March 06, 2012, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 05, 2012, 09:44:51 PM
Faulty planning on my part. :banghead: I thought I could poll each game (essentially which road do you "like" more for each game) in one thread (even I wouldn't want 67 different polls threads on the board).
I'm open to any suggestions as to how to play out "this tourney" within one thread.  :hmmm:
I'm open to not trying :P
Thanks for being uncooperative then.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

pianocello

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 05, 2012, 12:35:10 PM
Will be interesting to see if any schools end up with a seed that corresponds to a highway near that school.  For example, Notre Dame being a #3 seed in the East would correspond to US 20 or a #3 seed in the South would correspond to US 31.  Notre Dame being a #3 seed is very unlikely, so maybe somebody can come up with an example that has a greater probability.

If Ohio State makes #2 in the East, that's US-40 on this bracket
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

ctsignguy

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 05, 2012, 12:35:10 PM
Will be interesting to see if any schools end up with a seed that corresponds to a highway near that school.  For example, Notre Dame being a #3 seed in the East would correspond to US 20 or a #3 seed in the South would correspond to US 31.  Notre Dame being a #3 seed is very unlikely, so maybe somebody can come up with an example that has a greater probability.

One year in my anime tourney, the series 'Seven of Seven" (Shinichin no Nana) received a #7 seed....described as the 'most fitting seed ever'....
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

sr641

Isaac

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

mgk920

Well, US 10 and US 45 play each other every season, but US 10 wins out.

Also, even though they have yet to meet, US 41 easily over US 8.

Mike

Alps

Quote from: mgk920 on May 07, 2012, 10:34:28 PM
Well, US 10 and US 45 play each other every season, but US 10 wins out.

Also, even though they have yet to meet, US 41 easily over US 8.

Mike

It was awhile before the current format, back when only the top 16 made it, but US 8 did win in 1936 over US 94. So... sorta.

Takumi

US 1 won 10 straight titles until 1993, when it stopped wearing the red uniform.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this thread.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on May 07, 2012, 11:41:39 PM
US 1 won 10 straight titles until 1993, when it stopped wearing the red uniform.
I thought the NHAA was investigating them for doping...

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 07, 2012, 11:43:51 PM
Well thanks to sr641 neither do the rest of us but it's gained more steam than any point before.

Scott5114

Quote from: Steve on May 08, 2012, 12:10:37 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 07, 2012, 11:43:51 PM
Well thanks to sr641 neither do the rest of us but it's gained more steam than any point before.

Well, in that case, AR 43 to defeat OK 20 on a technicality; the latter's Fritzler Gambit was no good.

K-10 got the jump shot on MO 13, natch, but the yellow flag was waved, meaning the full court press was made into a two-point conversion trifecta. The field goal, however, was cancelled by a penalty shot in the Electoral College. MO 13 got the red card for excessive sticking, and it was all but over by that point. K-10's last-minute royal flush, though impressive, only served as the final nail in the coffin.

Takumi

Quote from: Steve on May 08, 2012, 12:09:55 AM
Quote from: Takumi on May 07, 2012, 11:41:39 PM
I thought the NHAA was investigating them for doping...

That's right. It had to vacate the '93 title but the evidence for prior years was inconclusive.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Takumi

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 08, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
Well, in that case, AR 43 to defeat OK 20 on a technicality; the latter's Fritzler Gambit was no good.

K-10 got the jump shot on MO 13, natch, but the yellow flag was waved, meaning the full court press was made into a two-point conversion trifecta. The field goal, however, was cancelled by a penalty shot in the Electoral College. MO 13 got the red card for excessive sticking, and it was all but over by that point. K-10's last-minute royal flush, though impressive, only served as the final nail in the coffin.

MO 13 also struck out with 12 men on the field.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

Quote from: Takumi on May 08, 2012, 12:21:30 AM

But was there a sticky wicket??

formulanone

K-10 also served up 9 straight ghost points, which effectively defended MO 13 in the the paint, by virtue of a planted median to force out the inside presence.

In the southeastern bracket, Alternate 27 showed up in their green jerseys, but was beaten squarely by US 70; tough news for them, which halts their comeback bid, as they were under investigation for a lack of defined terminii.

Everyone's talking about the little US 31EX, with their Cinderella-story, previously unheard-of can-do especially-suffixed spirit.

Takumi

Quote from: formulanone on May 08, 2012, 05:59:57 AM
Everyone's talking about the little US 31EX, with their Cinderella-story, previously unheard-of can-do especially-suffixed spirit.

Historians say that US31EX reminds them of two early champions, US 17-1 and US 29A-1.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

sr641

When US 150 faced off against US 41 it lost big time in Terre Haute.
Isaac

hbelkins

US 60 and US 50 are ending a years-old rivalry over a dispute on where the annual game should be played. Both routes are at fault but since US 60 won the 2012 national championship, it has a lot more leverage in the discussion.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mgk920

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 08, 2012, 12:22:36 AM
Quote from: Takumi on May 08, 2012, 12:21:30 AM

But was there a sticky wicket??

No, but the pitch was measured in yards rather than the required meters, and was thus about 9% too short.

Mike

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on May 08, 2012, 09:18:40 AM
US 60 and US 50 are ending a years-old rivalry over a dispute on where the annual game should be played. Both routes are at fault but since US 60 won the 2012 national championship, it has a lot more leverage in the discussion.

I thought US 27 won the 2012 championship.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hbelkins

US 27 goes through both states involved. Plus, US 60 has more frontage on the championship team's arena than does US 27. Therefore it was US 60 that won.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.