Regional Boards > Southeast

Mississippi

<< < (140/142) > >>

froggie:
^ That project has been talked about at least since the mid-2000s.  I distinctly remember it being studied when I was stationed at Stennis (2005-2008).  I don't remember if it existed in my Meridian days (1998-2001).

The plan is to twin 57 up to Gautier-Vancleve Rd, then build a bypass west of Vancleve, returning to the existing alignment near Mariposa Ln.

Here's a WLOX story from 2017, when the project was previously going to start but was put on hold due to having its funding pulled.

Here's a Corps of Engineers release from April talking a little about the wetlands permit MDOT requested for the project.

Stephane Dumas:
I saw by luck this old study about Airport Pkwy and MS-25 connectors published in 1999 on Google books.
https://books.google.ca/books/about/Airport_Parkway_and_Mississippi_25_Conne.html?id=7co1AQAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y

MoiraPrime:
Something I have a question about....

I see a few old instances of business routes in Mississippi. They're extremely uncommon in general but sprinkled throughout old topo maps and stale TIGER data, you'll see references in Laurel to a MS 15 Business route and a US 84 Business Route. Are these still existing but unsigned, or long decommissioned? What's the deal here?

74/171FAN:
I thought that the US 61 and US 84 BUS routes posted in Natchez have been long decommissioned.

oscar:
Mississippi seems to use MS 1xx state routes instead of business US routes (for example, MS 145, MS 178, MS 184, MS 198). I don't know whether all the MS 1xx routes used to be signed as Business US xx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version