AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: North/South Corridor Interstate Idea for this region  (Read 4061 times)

Fcexpress80

• Last Login: November 12, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
North/South Corridor Interstate Idea for this region
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »

Would it be worthwhile to connect the Regina, Saskatchewan with a freeway that crosses the US border in the extreme NW corner of North Dakota, follows roughly the route of US-85 and would connect to I-25 at Orin, WY?  By the way, Montana should be part of this region in this forum as it is not listed.

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: December 07, 2021, 11:07:35 PM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: North/South Corridor Interstate Idea for this region
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »

I see "Rocky Mountains - Colorado, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, and and eastern Idaho "

Revive 755

• Last Login: December 07, 2021, 10:26:45 PM
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »

Would it be worthwhile to connect the Regina, Saskatchewan with a freeway that crosses the US border in the extreme NW corner of North Dakota, follows roughly the route of US-85 and would connect to I-25 at Orin, WY?

Even if the parts across North and South Dakota could be justified just as an expressway, it would be better for the route to go south via the Heartland Expressway (US 385 and NE 71), which itself is not really needed from what I've heard.

Sykotyk

• Last Login: February 03, 2019, 02:49:05 AM
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »

The problem out west in flyover country is there just isn't enough traffic to justify anything more than two-lanes in most places. Only issue is make sure shoulders are wide to justify higher speed limits, and detour bigger towns if cost-efficient.

Sykotyk

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.