News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

North/South Corridor Interstate Idea for this region

Started by Fcexpress80, June 02, 2009, 10:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fcexpress80

Would it be worthwhile to connect the Regina, Saskatchewan with a freeway that crosses the US border in the extreme NW corner of North Dakota, follows roughly the route of US-85 and would connect to I-25 at Orin, WY?  By the way, Montana should be part of this region in this forum as it is not listed.

Alps

I see "Rocky Mountains - Colorado, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, and and eastern Idaho "

Revive 755

QuoteWould it be worthwhile to connect the Regina, Saskatchewan with a freeway that crosses the US border in the extreme NW corner of North Dakota, follows roughly the route of US-85 and would connect to I-25 at Orin, WY?

Even if the parts across North and South Dakota could be justified just as an expressway, it would be better for the route to go south via the Heartland Expressway (US 385 and NE 71), which itself is not really needed from what I've heard.

Sykotyk

The problem out west in flyover country is there just isn't enough traffic to justify anything more than two-lanes in most places. Only issue is make sure shoulders are wide to justify higher speed limits, and detour bigger towns if cost-efficient.

Sykotyk

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.