News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstate 5 Los Angeles area

Started by Chris, June 18, 2009, 05:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

The I-5 narrows down from 12 to 6 lanes after the SR-91 (Riverside and Artesia Freeways), which is a huge bottleneck. Now Orange County is widening it to 10 lanes, but how about the Los Angeles county section? This part also has 6 lanes, and 8 lanes a bit further north, but it's a good idea to widen I-5 to 10 lanes all the way to the I-605 interchange.

Although traffic volumes decreased from 178,000 to 168,000 between 2006 and 2008, an I-5 widening might relieve some pressure on other freeways, such as the SR-91/I-605 route.

tankerdave

Cal Trans has had plans to widen I=5 all the way up to I-710 for years.  They are still dealing with the communities involved and the environmental red tape to get the project off and running.  The first part of the project, replacing and widening the Carmenita Rd bridge (which is desperatley needed) is supposed to get underway later this year.

J N Winkler

Carmenita Road?  Wasn't that contract advertised about two years ago?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.