News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Northwest Arkansas Western Beltway Study

Started by M86, September 01, 2013, 11:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

I've read through most of the threads in the past, and I did not remember seeing anything about this.  I know a Western Beltway for Northwest AR has been discussed for a long time (and it's needed).  Knowing this state, I'm sure this won't be completed in my lifetime.

Western Beltway Feasibility Study - Final Report: http://www.nwarpc.org/pdf/Western%20Beltway/Western_Beltway_FinalReport.pdf

Western Beltway Study Executive Summary: http://www.nwarpc.org/pdf/Western%20Beltway/WB_ExecutiveSummary.pdf

Table 2 on the Western Beltway Feasibility Study shows Springdale surpassing Fayetteville in population by 2020, which is surprising.

The Crash Ratios chart for I-540 is outdated, even though it's from 2011.  I have never seen a roadway with more accidents than I-540 in NW Arkansas, not to mention it gets clogged at peak hours.  [And the firm that prepared those studies couldn't even spell "ratios" right (See Table 3)].

Road Hog

Not really surprised that Springdale will eventually be the bigger city. Fayetteville is landlocked by the towns surrounding it (including Springdale itself). Springdale simply has more room to grow.

Bentonville appears to be the most locked-in city of all, and that's why its projected growth lags behind the others.

M86

Quote from: Road Hog on September 03, 2013, 12:11:05 AM
Not really surprised that Springdale will eventually be the bigger city. Fayetteville is landlocked by the towns surrounding it (including Springdale itself). Springdale simply has more room to grow.

Bentonville appears to be the most locked-in city of all, and that's why its projected growth lags behind the others.

Fayetteville, itself, is pretty much done with growth.  Springdale is being active with road projects to the west of I-540.
Bentonville can expand to the south and west... which is what is happening.  Bentonville just completed a project with AR 112/H Street/I Street.  They know what they're doing... No more continuous left turn lanes!  Medians are your friend.
I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between AHTD and the local municipalities.

US71

I think Fayetteville will grow "internally" if it grows. Lots of old, rundown houses that could be razed for new apartment complexes. I think Fayetteville will grow based on demands of the UofA.

Springdale will grow as Tyson Foods expands.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.