News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MoPac Expansion to Begin Next Month

Started by thisdj78, September 05, 2013, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisdj78

Construction to add a toll lane each direction will begin next month, it will be interesting to see how they acquire the ROW for this project considering there are train tracks in the median and neighborhoods right up to the shoulders:

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/mopac-toll-project-to-break-ground-in-october

wxfree

According to the reports I've seen, new right-of-way won't be needed.  Well, it's needed, but it isn't feasible to buy any.  They'll add narrow strips of pavement to the inside and outside of the roadways, within existing right-of-way, and in some parts the lanes will be narrowed from 12 feet to 11 feet to make everything fit.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

longhorn

Is this really an expansion? Congrats NIMBYS in Terrytown, you win again.

ethanhopkin14

Oh boy, I can't wait of it to begin.  Mopac has gotten worse as an "alternate " to I-35 in the past 15 years to the point that now it is a total joke. So with construction it will be a mess for years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.