News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Mopac improvements........

Started by longhorn, December 11, 2013, 09:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

A good site to understand the so called improvements to MoPac.

http://www.mopacexpress.com/news/blog/

To be honest, its only window dressing, but at least the neighborhoods around MoPac will happy............pathetic.

longhorn

cjk374

My 1st thought when I read the thread title was, "Mopac?  Didn't they get merged into the Union Pacific in the early 80s?" I'm afraid my inner-railfan kicked in & took over for a moment.   :D
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

longhorn

Quote from: cjk374 on December 12, 2013, 12:52:57 AM
My 1st thought when I read the thread title was, "Mopac?  Didn't they get merged into the Union Pacific in the early 80s?" I'm afraid my inner-railfan kicked in & took over for a moment.   :D

From one railfan to another you are correct. The now UP rail line goes down the center of the freeway in west Austin. The MoPac freeway was built on the railroad's right of way. It was built under must protest, but I shudder to think what Austin would be like without it.

NE2

Quote from: longhorn on December 12, 2013, 09:59:22 AM
I shudder to think what Austin would be like without it.
Probably weirder.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.