AHTD: no curve warning signs on US 67-167 between mile markers 42 and 44. Why?

Started by capt.ron, June 07, 2014, 11:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt.ron

Apologies in advance if anybody has brought this question up before.
On US 67-167 northbound / southbound in the Searcy area, there are no curve warning signs and also no reflectors marking the two curves once one passes exit 42 heading northbound or exit 44 heading southbound. The curves are rather sharp and I would say that for some vehicles, 65 mph would be the maximum safe speed on those curves, especially when the road is wet. If the signs were there at one time, they must have been knocked over / damaged and never replaced.
Any reason why the signs don't exist?

bjrush

Quote from: capt.ron on June 07, 2014, 11:55:36 AM
65 mph would be the maximum safe speed on those curves, especially when the road is wet.

Speed limit is for driving at optimal conditions
Woo Pig Sooie

M86

Quote from: capt.ron on June 07, 2014, 11:55:36 AM
Apologies in advance if anybody has brought this question up before.
On US 67-167 northbound / southbound in the Searcy area, there are no curve warning signs and also no reflectors marking the two curves once one passes exit 42 heading northbound or exit 44 heading southbound. The curves are rather sharp and I would say that for some vehicles, 65 mph would be the maximum safe speed on those curves, especially when the road is wet. If the signs were there at one time, they must have been knocked over / damaged and never replaced.
Any reason why the signs don't exist?

Go to idrivearkansas.com, and go to the Contact area (near the right side)... There is a Report A Problem...  I've had varying success with that.

capt.ron

Filled out their form and the curve signs were installed within a week or so. They also stated that they will be restriping the section in question soon.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.