News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Only 40 years Late

Started by US71, January 18, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Fayetteville, Arkansas has announced plans for a flyover from College Ave (US 71B) to the Fulbright Expressway.  Currently, traffic wanting to go west on the Fulbright Expressway from NB College Ave has to turn at the jughandle at Joyce Blvd near the mall, then go south on College Ave... except it's near impossible at times. Joyce is a major east-west street between AR 265 on the east edge of Fayetteville  and Wilkerson St in Johnson to the west and is 5 lanes (7 lanes at College Ave)

The flyover should have been built 40 years ago when the 71 Bypass was first built and before the area became so overgrown. But as has been noted in the past, Arkansas isn't known for thinking ahead.

Overview of the area: http://goo.gl/maps/Em7z5
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cjk374

They also seem to be over a year late starting the construction according to the project summary.  Any  known reasons why?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on January 18, 2013, 10:05:25 PM
They also seem to be over a year late starting the construction according to the project summary.  Any  known reasons why?

None that I know of, but the project has been in the "talking stage" for nearly 10 years.

cjk374

I also laughed at the intention to build the flyover:  "to offer better access to the retail centers and restaurants in the NW AR Mall area."  Nothing about better access to US 71 or better traffic flow on US 71B.   :pan:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on January 18, 2013, 10:24:50 PM
I also laughed at the intention to build the flyover:  "to offer better access to the retail centers and restaurants in the NW AR Mall area."  Nothing about better access to US 71 or better traffic flow on US 71B.   :pan:

Technically, that's right. Better access to the mall, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc by getting rid of the idiots just trying to get on the expressway :p

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.