News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jgb191

No surprises here, almost perfectly normal conditions for this time of the year. 

Winds coming from the southeast will keep the gulf moisture flowing which will keep the dew points in the 70s and the resulting Heat Index between 105 and 110 degrees.

ACTUAL                         AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:       92 high; 76 low                  92 high; 75 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:   93 high; 77 low                  91 high; 76 low
LAREDO:                98 high; 74 low                  98 high; 73 low
MCALLEN:              95 high; 73 low                  95 high; 75 low
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Dough4872

JayhawkCO

Mildly annoyed with ours right about now. I fly to Asia on Friday and of course, that's the day that seems to have rain and a good chance for storms all day long. It so rarely rains here for extended periods of time, that it's pretty unlucky on my part. I have a 5 hour layover before my trans-Pacific flight, but I'd much rather not have to chance it. If the weather gets worse, United will likely issue a travel waiver and I can take an earlier flight Friday morning and just work from Houston all day before my flight to Taipei.

algorerhythms

jgb191

Considerably below where we should normally be around Memorial Day, except Corpus Christi was on point.  McAllen and Laredo should be topping out in the triple-digits by the end of May. 

Winds from the gulf have been gentle keeping the heat indexes not more than a few degrees above 100, with many places not even reaching 100 degrees, but the winds will be accelerated by this weekend raising our dew points (and therefore the heat index).  High temperatures will remain either around or below normal for the duration of this week.  Laredo in particular is expected to remain in the double-digits at least through the first several days of June.

ACTUAL                         AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:       92 high; 78 low                    94 high; 76 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:   92 high; 78 low                    92 high; 78 low
LAREDO:                96 high; 75 low                  103 high; 75 low
MCALLEN:              94 high; 76 low                  100 high; 77 low
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Road Hog

Weather here deep in the hearta' has been more or less normal for May. West Texas is getting their annual rainfall now, and DFW is lucky if a couple of clouds roll in.

Our big severe weather season has passed. June is typically moderately hot here and the furnace switches on after Independence Day.

jakeroot

We are preparing for Typhoon Mawar here in Okinawa at the moment. Temperature-wise, it's really warm, mid-80s, very humid. Wind is really picking up. The bulk of the typhoon is supposed to pass through tomorrow and Friday, with high winds and lots of rain. The center of the typhoon should pass off to the east of the island; previously it was predicted to pass nearly over the center.

Should note that typhoon = 'hurricane' in Western Pacific lingo.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jakeroot on May 31, 2023, 06:37:10 AM
We are preparing for Typhoon Mawar here in Okinawa at the moment. Temperature-wise, it's really warm, mid-80s, very humid. Wind is really picking up. The bulk of the typhoon is supposed to pass through tomorrow and Friday, with high winds and lots of rain. The center of the typhoon should pass off to the east of the island; previously it was predicted to pass nearly over the center.

Should note that typhoon = 'hurricane' in Western Pacific lingo.

Looks like it's weakened significantly.  It hit Guam head on but basically weakened right before making landfall and then reintensifying right after the eye passed the island. They got as lucky as you can get considering they were directly hit.

LilianaUwU

30 C/86 F, sunny, unbearable for someone used to live somewhere with nonstop wind.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

97 and sunny, very hot outside

Ted$8roadFan

Cloudy and 81, with thunderstorms approaching.

7/8

It's been a hot and dry work week, consistently sunny with highs in the low 30's (~86-88 F). Today is cooling off with a high of 24 C (75 F) and the rest of the week will be low-to-mid 20's. This weekend's weather is about perfect IMO.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Cloudy and 51, with some light rain coming.

Hunty2022

Apple Weather says it's sunny, AccuWeather says it's partly cloudy, and the sky says it's cloudy.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Dough4872

kirbykart

Good weather but the air is (apparently) full of smoke.

Dough4872

70 and haze from the wildfire smoke from Canada, air quality is very bad here.

Bruce

85 and a little muggy. Otherwise the air here is clear with only some streaky clouds.

Ted$8roadFan

51 and hazy, no doubt influenced by smoke from the wildfires in Canada. We're not as affected by it as in other places.

Roadgeekteen

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.