News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Clinch by Truncation/Realignment?

Started by Darkchylde, July 20, 2015, 02:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkchylde

So it's inevitable that parts of highways will eventually be removed from the system, realigned, or renumbered. Have any of you ended up clinching a route this way?

One scenario for this is the recent truncation of I-70 near Baltimore, where the part of it going from I-695 to the Park and Ride was decommissioned. Suppose you'd ridden every part while that last portion was still I-70, except inside I-695. Would you consider it a clinch post-truncation?

And if you do, what are your more notable clinches gained not through traveling the entire route as it was, but by the portion you didn't travel being removed from that route?

noelbotevera

Ironically enough, your example led me to clinching I-70 in MD. I have no idea if I-70 was actually truncated, but that was a clinch for I-70 in MD.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.