News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I applied to be a Division 1 Football Coach!!!

Started by US 41, November 07, 2015, 09:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

I applied to be the next head coach of the North Texas Mean Green football team. They fired their coach after losing 66-7 to FCS (1AA) Portland State. (UNT is FBS/1A.) Below is where North Texas plays their home games (Apogee Stadium). Does anyone want to be on my staff should I get hired?  :-P

Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

nexus73

Portland State also defeated Washington State in Pullman to start the season.  This is the first time that the Vikings have defeated two higher division teams in the same season.

Nice looking stadium there!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

US 41

Quote from: nexus73 on November 07, 2015, 10:36:56 AM
Portland State also defeated Washington State in Pullman to start the season.  This is the first time that the Vikings have defeated two higher division teams in the same season.

Rick

I think Portland State has a pretty good shot to win the FCS (1AA) National Championship in Frisco, Texas, this season as well.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

nexus73

Quote from: US 41 on November 07, 2015, 11:46:05 AM

Rick

I think Portland State has a pretty good shot to win the FCS (1AA) National Championship in Frisco, Texas, this season as well.

PSU was upended by Northern Colorado 35-31 today.  Scratch the Vikes.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

US 41

Quote from: nexus73 on November 07, 2015, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: US 41 on November 07, 2015, 11:46:05 AM

Rick

PSU was upended by Northern Colorado 35-31 today.  Scratch the Vikes.

Rick

PSU could still win it all. After all North Dakota State has slipped up a couple of times themselves. McNeese State on the other hand continues with their undefeated season.

Billy F 1988

Might wanna think about Montana because I'm not showing a lot of confidence in Bob Stit, the current head coach and Montana fans are getting sick of back to back mediocre FCS seasons.  I mean, our team is so blasé anyways compared to the rest of the Big Sky Conference. I clearly think our team (Grizzlies) have lost a lot of the luster they had in '95 and '01 and from '03 on forward, they've never came past the first or second round of the playoffs. Not until Bobby Hauck came to town and went on a tear with the field in 2009 only to lose to Villanova in the title game in Chattanooga. But since 2009, our team's been crap.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

ET21

Good luck with North Texas, which reminds me of NIUs in-conference rival Eastern Michigan. Changes every year, hopes for a better season, still a basement FBS team
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

US 41

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on November 09, 2015, 12:51:34 AM
Might wanna think about Montana because I'm not showing a lot of confidence in Bob Stit, the current head coach and Montana fans are getting sick of back to back mediocre FCS seasons.  I mean, our team is so blasé anyways compared to the rest of the Big Sky Conference. I clearly think our team (Grizzlies) have lost a lot of the luster they had in '95 and '01 and from '03 on forward, they've never came past the first or second round of the playoffs. Not until Bobby Hauck came to town and went on a tear with the field in 2009 only to lose to Villanova in the title game in Chattanooga. But since 2009, our team's been crap.

At least Montana won over NDSU on national TV the very first game of the season. I really thought they would make the playoffs. They still could but they have to beat EWU and Montana State. The playoff committee won't let in a 6-5 team. 7-4 should get them in however.

Quote from: ET21 on November 09, 2015, 04:56:33 PM
Good luck with North Texas, which reminds me of NIUs in-conference rival Eastern Michigan. Changes every year, hopes for a better season, still a basement FBS team

They beat UTSA 23-20, which makes me wonder how bad UTSA must be. UNT plays at Tennessee on Saturday. That won't even be a game with 10 minutes to go in the first quarter.

Eastern Michigan on the other hand can't hardly draw good enough to qualify as FBS. There was a rumor a few years ago that they were going to be demoted to the FCS level because they had only drawn an average of 5000 for 2 straight years. Being FBS requires that you average at least 15000. I'm guessing that the NCAA must not enforce that rule. 

bassoon1986

I'm an alumnus of UNT. That's a beautiful stadium for a lackluster team and fanbase.

Brandon

Quote from: US 41 on November 09, 2015, 09:40:52 PM
Eastern Michigan on the other hand can't hardly draw good enough to qualify as FBS. There was a rumor a few years ago that they were going to be demoted to the FCS level because they had only drawn an average of 5000 for 2 straight years. Being FBS requires that you average at least 15000. I'm guessing that the NCAA must not enforce that rule. 

Eastern's problem is a bunch of Whining Weasels in Arrogant Asshole just to the west.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

I also applied but I was rejected for being overqualified.

ftballfan

Quote from: bassoon1986 on November 11, 2015, 11:55:25 AM
I'm an alumnus of UNT. That's a beautiful stadium for a lackluster team and fanbase.
They probably get more people there for high school games

woodpusher

Apogee Stadium - its real name?  You would think it would be at.....higher elevation.

US 41

ET21

Hey look at it this way, they'll still be a basement team. You would have brought them upstairs!  :bigass:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

noelbotevera

Quote from: ET21 on January 21, 2016, 05:48:34 PM
Hey look at it this way, they'll still be a basement team. You would have brought them upstairs!  :bigass:
A basement team, forever stuck in a basement, left to starve...no one brings them food, they all think they're slaves...their owners just keep them alive by feeding them minimal portions of food, not even caring what he brings...they're stuck in the basement, no way to escape, no way to run, no where to hide.

Excuse the very creepy comment.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.