News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-40 rockslide

Started by barcncpt44, October 26, 2009, 12:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wriddle082

Annoying as it is at times, I'm thankful I have the I-20-I-75-I-24 "Atlanta alternative" route when I need to travel from Columbia, SC to the Nashville, TN area.  I think it's only about 15 miles longer.

Now if they really built I-3, I'd probably find a way to make it my route to TN, just for the hell of it...

But anyway, looks like one lane of I-40 westbound has been open since Sunday...

http://news.tn.gov/node/8382

cpzilliacus

News & Observer: DOT crews clearing I-40 rockslide that closed a lane near Tennessee border

QuoteWAYNESVILLE -- Workers from the North Carolina Department of Transportation worked Saturday to clear a 50-ton rockslide that landed partially in a land of Interstate 40 about 7 miles from the Tennessee border, an agency spokeswoman said.

QuoteThe slide happened shortly after midnight and forced officials to close the right lane of the highway. The spokeswoman said crews had to wait until daylight to assess the rock face to determine if it was safe for removal crews to work. They hoped to reopen the lane by Saturday evening.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cpzilliacus

More fun with falling and fallen rocks along I-40 in western North Carolina.

News & Observer: Rock slide closes all but one westbound lane on I-40 in Haywood County

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.