News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

PennDOT not finishing work?

Started by Jsach, November 03, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsach

So there's a small bridge near me on SR 4030 that was closed to be replaced in July. It was set to open Sep. 9th and only needed a guard railing and paint when I drove down to it on the 4th. It's still not open, so I recently went down to find that all trucks have been removed and the only work that was done since my last check was the lines were painted. Is this something that PennDOT does for some odd reason or is this something else?

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Jsach on November 03, 2017, 06:37:34 PM
So there's a small bridge near me on SR 4030 that was closed to be replaced in July. It was set to open Sep. 9th and only needed a guard railing and paint when I drove down to it on the 4th. It's still not open, so I recently went down to find that all trucks have been removed and the only work that was done since my last check was the lines were painted. Is this something that PennDOT does for some odd reason or is this something else?

You might want to ask your local PennDOT district office (I don't live in Pennsylvania and your location is not especially precise, so I cannot tell you where that office is located).

If the bridge is part of the Rapid Bridge Replacement Project (which is repairing or replacing a lot of deficient bridges on lower-volume PennDOT-maintained roads), you might want to check this web site.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

74/171FAN

Quote from: cpzilliacus on November 07, 2017, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: Jsach on November 03, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

You might want to ask your local PennDOT district office (I don't live in Pennsylvania and your location is not especially precise, so I cannot tell you where that office is located).

If the bridge is part of the Rapid Bridge Replacement Project (which is repairing or replacing a lot of deficient bridges on lower-volume PennDOT-maintained roads), you might want to check this web site.

It would be District 4 since the I-81 and I-80 interchange is in Luzerne County based on his location.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Chris19001

I'd almost guarantee that it just needs a final inspection and is waiting for said inspection to take place before doing the final paint and opening it to traffic.  PennDOT isn't the best at quick final inspections in my corner of the woods either..
As the others said, a quick call to the local district office would give you any relevant info.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.