News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AARoads Topics in 1764

Started by theroadwayone, November 09, 2017, 07:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theroadwayone

Since we've been doing threads about AARoads forum topics from the paſt, let's ſee what we would have been talking about in 1764.

Ready?

Go!

freebrickproductions

AARoads Topics 300 years from now.

SM-G900V

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

KeithE4Phx

How about AARoads topics in the year 2525.  If man is ſtill alive.  :-D :) :ſpin:
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

US71

Quote from: theroadwayone on November 09, 2017, 07:23:44 PM
Since we've been doing threads about AARoads forum topics from the past, let's see what we would have been talking about in 1764.

Ready?

Go!

WHY?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheHighwayMan3561

Pleaſe ſend this one to the diſcard pile. No offenſe but the 1864 one can go too, if not all of them.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

I think our poſters have leſs of a graſp on proper ſpelling than I thought. I've taken the liberty of correcting ſome ſpelling errors above. Pleaſe do a better job in the limited future this thread has.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

froggie

I'm of the opinion that these threads (which are quite fantastical) should go into the Fictional folder.

formulanone

Dulcimer harpſichord compoſitions thou haſt enjoyed whilſt traverſing the Boſton Poſt Road

Territorial currency not yet bartered

Perchance haſt thou named a road along thy farmſtead or property?

Jebediah Springfield: patriot or pirate?

[Secret Towne Criers Thread, uſually held in cellar of local tavern]

dgolub

Proclamation of 1763 prevents construction of new roads on the land acquired in the French and Indian War.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CNGL-Leudimin

I think we ſhould put a (temporal) limit to theſe threads.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

The states didn't "exist" before 1764. Though, the colonies were the foundation for their eventual names.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

jp the roadgeek

What do you think of the new Connecticut Courant?

King George to enact new Stamp Act on paper based items?

Favourite type of tea...

Preferred methods of shoeing your horse

Better feed: corn or wheat?

Ye Olde Alanlande

Raising the speed limit to 8.5 MPH on the North-South Road in Fairfax County

Building the Hypotenuse of the New York/Albany/Boston triangle: Inland or coastal route?

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

slorydn1

Quod ut tegerent iustus de bys musca.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

US71

Quote from: slorydn1 on November 10, 2017, 11:12:16 AM

Appears to be Latin. Translation:

But in order to cover the just shall come out by swarms of flies,
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

adventurernumber1

This thread may have been a tad overkill.

I've tried for roughly 30 minutes, but I have not been able to come up with a ſingle "theoretical topic" contribution for this thread.  :-D

EDIT: Added the ſ (long s) at the necessary points in my post.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

slorydn1

Quote from: US71 on November 10, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
Quote from: slorydn1 on November 10, 2017, 11:12:16 AM

Appears to be Latin. Translation:

But in order to cover the just shall come out by swarms of flies,

That's what I get for using google to help throwing something together right quick instead of my Latin textbooks back at the house.... It's supposed to mean "That should cover the fly bys" (famous line from the movie Top Gun).
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

formulanone

Fouleſt experience thou haſt had with a dinner party and its ſervantſ?

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

formulanone

Quote from: 1 on November 10, 2017, 07:08:37 PM
Quote from: formulanone on November 10, 2017, 07:05:42 PM
ſervantſ

Nope. Not at the end of a word.

hipſter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_s

I guess these are the things I miss by getting an education in one of those non-Colonial territories.

Scott5114

Anyway, yes, this thread is too ſilly.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.