News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New FDOT Orange Co Map- Its a mess

Started by Brian556, November 15, 2017, 12:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

http://www.fdot.gov/geospatial/geomap/New%20Format/Orange/ORA2017RAS.pdf

US 17-92 shown on truck route at Kissimmee-this issue appears on state map also
CR 49 at Tangerine- Where is the world did this come from?
Non-toll shield for SR 429 between CR 435 and SR 46
Winter Garden SR 537 N of Plant St WTH?, also decommissioned part of SR 438 shown
CR 439 going SW from Windermere instead of E
Boggy Creek shown as SR 527A & CR 530
Section of World Center Dr from SR 535 to International Dr shown as state, far as I know its not state maintained
SR 527 shown on system thru downtown when its turned over to city, similar issue up in Winter Park from US 17-92 to SR 426
Decommissioned section of SR 438 in College Park shown
SR 439 shown even tho its decommissioned

1995hoo

It also doesn't show there being any access between 417 and the Turnpike.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

I love how Alachua County 23 is still listed on the map. Even though it is unsigned, it’s a remnant of the pre-1945 SRD numbering system.

Of course, SR 24A is missing and CR 2053 isn’t shown as complete to SR 26 (that was 20 years ago), so there’s some catching up to do.

Here’s the link to the other county maps > http://www.fdot.gov/geospatial/countymap.shtm

Brian556

Their mapping division is just plain awful. On the current state map, their are several missing US Highway designations in the Chiefland area. They totally forgot about US 98. Sad thing is that the 2013 map was much better. I cant figure out why they couldn't have copied the information over to the new map..duh

roadman65

US 17 & 92 in Kissimmee has a truck route along where it is shown on the latest state map.  That might be the reason for that error.

The rest I do not know.  SR 527 is blank signed on SR 50 in Downtown so FDOT knows that its not even implied as a route south of the Orlando- Winter Park Border to Gore Street in Sodo, so that is totally off the wall.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Brian556 on November 16, 2017, 11:15:52 AM
Their mapping division is just plain awful. On the current state map, their are several missing US Highway designations in the Chiefland area. They totally forgot about US 98. Sad thing is that the 2013 map was much better. I cant figure out why they couldn't have copied the information over to the new map..duh

I remember a few years back, my parents were trying to figure out the quickest way between I-10 and Port St. Joe, FL (a route we've traveled many times) using the Florida state highway map. Due to how hard the map was to read (probably due to them mapping every single county route), my parents just eventually gave up and used the Alabama state highway map for directions as that section of Florida was visible on the Alabama map and much easier to read.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.