News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most exotic road you have been on?

Started by Roadgeekteen, November 21, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 23, 2017, 11:15:31 AM
Well, I suppose I could argue that K Street NW between 15 and 16 Streets, or M Street NW between 18 and 19, is the most "exotic" road I use regularly. They're "exotic" because of the "dancers" employed at Archibald's and Camelot.  :-P

Well.....in that case, an "exotic" road could be taken to mean any road that's been stripped down to its ballast -- or bare earth! :)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: epzik8 on November 23, 2017, 12:35:00 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2017, 08:27:59 PM
Blackrock Road by a mille:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskUFdcXy

Basically it has it all if you're looking for a bat shit crazy road...

"Slippery Bridge" haha I love that!

At least it was an accurate warning.  :rolleyes:  The precise directional signage is a hoot also:

4 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

kphoger

Well, I've driven roughly 6000 miles in México over the last 16 years, plus nearly 1000 by bus.
Of those, the most exotic road would probably be the 38 miles between Coah-105 and the village of La Constancia in 2016.

Three hours of this:

Some of which included driving along creek beds:

And occasional fun through high standing water:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

inkyatari

I'm going to give two answers.  One is AZ 88, the Apache Highway.  That's a pretty creepy route.. Well, at least to my wife and daughter. I was having a blast driving what I consider the most scenic road I've ever been on.

My second answer will be what I consider the most exotic road in my state, and that is the La Rue - Pine HIlls Rd. in far southern Illinois (across the Mississippi River from Cap Girardeau, MO.)  I was once looking at my Illinois Atlas, and saw in the Shawnee Hills, a twisty, bendy route that looked like it belonged in Colorado or Montana, and I decided that I have to drive that route. I was not disappointed.  Switchbacks, hills, lush forests, and some amazing views of the Mississippi River.

Unfortunately the road is closed in the middle due to washouts from the rain last year, and the forest service hasn't gotten the money to fix it.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

kphoger

Quote from: inkyatari on December 04, 2017, 03:34:45 PM
My second answer will be what I consider the most exotic road in my state, and that is the La Rue - Pine HIlls Rd. in far southern Illinois (across the Mississippi River from Cap Girardeau, MO.)  I was once looking at my Illinois Atlas, and saw in the Shawnee Hills, a twisty, bendy route that looked like it belonged in Colorado or Montana, and I decided that I have to drive that route. I was not disappointed.  Switchbacks, hills, lush forests, and some amazing views of the Mississippi River.

That part of the state has some great scenic roads, I must say.  Lick Creek Road, Mill Creek—Dongola Road, Tick Ridge Road, Makanda Road, Old US-51...  So many great drives!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.