News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColossalBlocks

I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

D-Dey65

Takumi

Not mine. Can't wait for the pedants to dissect it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Takumi on February 05, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

I-95 in Massachusetts (photoshopped, obviously).
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

PHLBOS

Quote from: 1 on February 05, 2018, 11:36:36 AM
Quote from: Takumi on February 05, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

I-95 in Massachusetts (photoshopped, obviously).
Such is actually two images placed/photoshopped on top of each other.  The first one is indeed that of I-95 southbound in Westwood, about 2 miles from the I-93 interchange in Canton (the BGS is the 2-mile advance sign).  What's below the overpass is actually a separate & unrelated image.

Here's the actual sign and surroundings.

Don't know about the lower image, which appears mirrored.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

cl94

I KNEW the BGS looked familiar. Good ol' 128.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

plain

Not a meme per se but close enough

SM-S820L

Newark born, Richmond bred

jakeroot

Quote from: plain on February 16, 2018, 12:04:37 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180216/d7b511ec1353a2fe996e8b1f559f841e.jpg

Lol. That actually reminds me...does anyone here actually parallel park by intentionally bumping the cars around them? My car is small enough that this isn't an issue for me, but I could see someone with a larger car w/o backup sensors or a camera utilising this method. Or anyone trying to park in NYC.

cjk374

Quote from: jakeroot on February 16, 2018, 04:45:54 PM

Lol. That actually reminds me...does anyone here actually parallel park by intentionally bumping the cars around them? My car is small enough that this isn't an issue for me, but I could see someone with a larger car w/o backup sensors or a camera utilising this method. Or anyone trying to park in NYC.

The first dumb SOB that bumps my car while parallel parking is gonna get a dumptruck load of whoop-ass dumped on them.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

cl94

Quote from: cjk374 on February 17, 2018, 08:41:32 AM

The first dumb SOB that bumps my car while parallel parking is gonna get a dumptruck load of whoop-ass dumped on them.

SOP in New York City is to tap the car in front of/behind you. It's the only way to fit so many cars in and the reason why so many cars have bumper pads. I do love how every ad for those things featuring real license plates uses NY plates.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

cjk374

Quote from: cl94 on February 17, 2018, 01:23:03 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on February 17, 2018, 08:41:32 AM

SOP in New York City is to tap the car in front of/behind you. It's the only way to fit so many cars in and the reason why so many cars have bumper pads. I do love how every ad for those things featuring real license plates uses NY plates.

Never knew that was a thing....the pads or the procedure. Are y'all taught that in drivers ed classes?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

cl94

It's possible they teach it in the City. They definitely don't Upstate (but outside of the Hudson Valley, few places parallel parking is the main parking option). I only know how to do the tap thing because I was taught to parallel park by my grandfather, who spent much of his life in dense parts of Queens and Brooklyn.

hbelkins

I don't know if parallel parking is still part of the Kentucky driver's license road test or not, but it was when I took it. If I had tapped, bumped or otherwise struck a vehicle while parking, I would have automatically failed the test.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cl94

Quote from: hbelkins on February 17, 2018, 07:28:38 PM
I don't know if parallel parking is still part of the Kentucky driver's license road test or not, but it was when I took it. If I had tapped, bumped or otherwise struck a vehicle while parking, I would have automatically failed the test.

That's technically the case in New York, too. But so is pulling onto a street if anybody is visible, responding to waving, hitting a bump, etc.

SSOWorld

Quote from: cl94 on February 17, 2018, 07:33:40 PM
Hitting a bump?

That's technically the case in New York, too. But so is pulling onto a street if anybody is visible, responding to waving, hitting a bump, etc.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cl94

This has been a very common gripe lately.

D-Dey65

Quote from: cl94 on February 18, 2018, 08:07:02 PM
This has been a very common gripe lately.

You can say the same thing for New Jersey.

cl94

Yeah, it's often not worth detouring for gas in NJ anymore. Why get gas there if Ulster County is only a few cents more expensive?

abefroman329

By the mid-90s, they weren't requiring it as part of the road test in Florida.  Apparently all, or most, parallel parking spaces had been converted to diagonal parking.

Me, I wouldn't say I go out of my way to bump cars ahead of/behind me when parallel parking, but I don't sweat it when it happens, either.  The way I see it, they put bumpers on cars for a reason.

kkt

Quote from: cl94 on February 17, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

You could never drive in Seattle without hitting bumps.  At best you can miss the potholes big enough to cost you an axle.

wanderer2575

Not exactly a meme, but i just saw this in Imgur and thought it appropriate here.  Unfortunately, it keeps applying to more and more people.

PHLBOS

Oldie but a goodie (I-684 northbound at I-84 interchange in Brewster, NY)

Photo from Carhumor.net
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Roadsguy

Made these a while back.

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.