News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highways that are signed only as USBRs

Started by Kniwt, June 09, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

While out and about today, I came across something I'd never seen before: A road whose only signed route number is a U.S. Bicycle Route. In this case, it's Mammoth Creek Road in southern Utah (a 15-mile connector between UT 14 and UT 143), which is officially Dixie National Forest Road 050 but has no such posted signage. Instead, there is this:

So, the question: Are there any other rural highways that are signed only as USBRs? Short stretches of streets within cities probably don't count.

hbelkins

It's possible that a portion of the route of USBR 76, which has been signed across Kentucky, is. The route mostly runs across state highways but I'm pretty sure there are a couple of places in central Kentucky where it's routed on county roads. One of my roadgeek goals is to drive the length of USBR 76 in Kentucky; I've driven several segments of it and have completed the portion between the Virginia state line and where it departs KY 1295 in Garrard County.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MNHighwayMan

Is there somewhere a comprehensive map/list of the US Bicycle Routes? I don't think I've ever seen a sign for these in person.

Kniwt

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 09, 2018, 08:15:36 PM
Is there somewhere a comprehensive map/list of the US Bicycle Routes? I don't think I've ever seen a sign for these in person.

Here's a high-level map of the U.S., including both existing and proposed routes. Sort of like the big map at the front of the RMcN. :)

https://www.adventurecycling.org/?LinkServID=42FEF15A-C82B-B6B5-05332AF5736EC1E6

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.