News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

ACSC issuing historing maps series

Started by MarkF, September 25, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkF

The Automobile Club of Southern California is putting out a series of historical maps.  So far:
1930 Metropolitan Los Angeles
1916 Panoramic View of the Yosemite Valley
... with notes of these coming next this year:
1924 Coast Route Los Angeles to San Diego
1915 Rim of the World Drive

Here's a quick photo of the maps:

jon daly

Cool. Where could someone get one of these?

Max Rockatansky

Heh...if you look at the Yosemite map the alignments of Wawona Road and the Big Oak Flat Road are different than today.  I'll be actually doing an article on the Old Big Oak Flat Road in about a week...already did the Old Wawona Road.  Too bad they don't have anything from 1934 to 1940 coming out, I would buy a copy just see early State Highway designations. 

MarkF

Quote from: jon daly on September 25, 2018, 06:39:05 AM
Cool. Where could someone get one of these?

The map has an AAA logo in addition to the Auto Club of Southern California logo. so maybe also available at AAA locations outside of southern California?

Map barcodes are 0 02018 49619 6 for the Yosemite map and 0 02018 49627 1 for the L.A. map.

On the back there is an $11.95 price tag (it was free as an ACSC member).  I've seen some of the ACSC maps in bookstores.

SeriesE

Any chance of buying the map for non-members?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.