News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Culver’s is Coming Soon to our Area!

Started by kevinb1994, March 02, 2019, 04:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X99

I live near Rapid City, SD. When I moved here ten years ago, we had one Culvers. Now we have three. Still no Chick-Fil-A though.

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 02, 2019, 01:44:42 PM
I like Culver's like anyone else, but their rapid expansion into Anywhere USA has made them just another chain in terms of what I seek out on the road.
With better dessert.
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

kevinb1994

So today we had Culver's (Daytona Beach location) for the first time. Not bad.

thspfc

Culver's is everywhere in Wisconsin and northern Illinois. There's also quite a few in FL and TX.

kevinb1994

Quote from: thspfc on April 29, 2019, 05:33:58 PM
Culver's is everywhere in Wisconsin and northern Illinois. There's also quite a few in FL and TX.

Yeah and they were supposedly going to open one in our area here. Not quite close enough to our house, but it'll do for now.

ET21

Great road trip food going into southern Wisco. I usually stop at the one either in Newville or the Dells when traveling to the Twin Cities or LaCrosse
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Mrt90

I was searching for a specific charge on the Discover app recently and then did a search for Culver's and saw that I spent about $1900 dollars there in the past 24 months.  My family loves it and we go there or pick something up almost every weekend.  I like the variety of meals you can get including the 3 regular dinner items (Cod, Chopped Steak, and Pot Roast) which you can't get at a normal "fast food" restaurant.  I don't even think the burgers are that great, but where else can you get a Pork Tenderloin sandwich with a side of Cheese Curds?  Their Chicken Tenders and salads are also fantastic.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Mrt90 on April 30, 2019, 11:50:48 AM
I don't even think the burgers are that great

Cease this heresy at once.

ALL HAIL THE BUTTERBURGER

Mrt90

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 30, 2019, 12:12:07 PM
Quote from: Mrt90 on April 30, 2019, 11:50:48 AM
I don't even think the burgers are that great

Cease this heresy at once.

ALL HAIL THE BUTTERBURGER
Do I have to turn in my Wisconsin card?

They are very good fast food burgers but there's local places near me, and probably everywhere, that are better (and more expensive).  I tend to like a thicker burger.

hbelkins

I'm a fan of chicken tenders, but not really crazy about the ones served at Culver's. My experience has been that they're not as juicy as those available at other places. I do like their fish, however. I haven't tried the other non-fast-food-type food, as I tend to get a burger when I am there.

It may be a next-door-to-Wisconsin thing, but it seems to me that a lot of smaller towns in Iowa and Illinois will have a Culver's before many other, more widespread places. On a trip a few years ago. I spent the night in Decorah, Iowa. There were three fast-food places in town -- Subway (which I have no desire to patronize), McDonald's, and Culver's. No Wendy's, no KFC, no Burger King -- but there was a Culver's.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

thspfc

Quote from: ET21 on April 30, 2019, 08:49:54 AM

Great road trip food going into southern Wisco. I usually stop at the one either in Newville or the Dells when traveling to the Twin Cities or LaCrosse
The Newville Culver's (WI-59 exit) is the largest Culver's location, which is interesting. In all, I think there's 6 Culver's within 15 miles of my house.

MantyMadTown

Quote from: thspfc on April 30, 2019, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: ET21 on April 30, 2019, 08:49:54 AM

The Newville Culver's (WI-59 exit) is the largest Culver's location, which is interesting. In all, I think there's 6 Culver's within 15 miles of my house.

Yeah Madison has a pretty high concentration of Culver's. There's like 6 inside the Beltline and plenty more in the rest of Dane County.
Forget the I-41 haters

Flint1979

Madison is their home market so it makes sense.

X99

Culver's is everywhere in Wisconsin
makes sense, considering that's where they STARTED
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

thspfc

Quote from: X99 on May 01, 2019, 12:00:24 PM
I knew that, the first one was in Sauk City.

DaBigE

Quote from: X99 on May 01, 2019, 12:00:24 PM

I still find it interesting how similar Culver's basic menu/staples were to Randall's (back in the late 80s/early 90s), but both did not thrive nor did one buy the other out. Both had butter burgers and fresh custard as their main draws.

IIRC, Randall's seemed to be confined more to eastern Wisconsin, (I recall one or two locations in Fond du Lac and one along the US 41 frontage road in Oshkosh that our family frequented on family trips to the Fox Valley). Now, it looks like Randall's is hanging on to just one location in Sheboygan (looks like up until a few years ago, they still had the same logo/sign I remember from my childhood).
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Jordanes

Clinched 2di:
4, 5, 12, 16, 22, 24, 26, 35, 39, 40, 44, 59, 64, 65, 66, 68, 70, 72, 73, 74 (both), 75, 76 (both), 78, 79, 81, 82, 83, 84 (both), 85, 86 (both), 87, 88 (both), 89, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99

Almost clinched (less than 100 miles):
20, 30, 43, 45, 49, 55, 57, 71, 77, 80, 90, 91

Flint1979

I'm at a place now in Lima, Ohio called Happy Daz which reminds me of a Culver's. You go to the counter and order, they give you a number tent and you go sit down and they bring the food out to you. Same way Culver's operates.

dvferyance

Quote from: MantyMadTown on March 03, 2019, 08:45:04 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 03, 2019, 02:50:56 PM
I'm kind of bitter about Culver's becoming national. It was the one chain that was "ours" , and now everybody has it or will have it coming. The Midwest literally has nothing uniquely available like every other region has.

Yeah that sucks. I've seen Culver's in states that frankly shouldn't have them.
What do you mean shouldn't have them? They can go anywhere they so choose.

MantyMadTown

Quote from: dvferyance on May 04, 2019, 10:37:25 PM
I'm kind of bitter about Culver's becoming national. It was the one chain that was "ours" , and now everybody has it or will have it coming. The Midwest literally has nothing uniquely available like every other region has.

In the sense that Culver's is primarily a Midwest chain. Like many other parts of the US that have their own regional chains, I want Culver's to stay in the Midwest so we can have one as well.

Pretty much what TheHighwayMan394 said.
Forget the I-41 haters

thspfc

Quote from: MantyMadTown on May 05, 2019, 01:02:05 AM

In the sense that Culver's is primarily a Midwest chain. Like many other parts of the US that have their own regional chains, I want Culver's to stay in the Midwest so we can have one as well.

If Culver's sees more money in expanding outside the Midwest, that's what they'll do.

Scott5114

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 04, 2019, 04:15:12 PM
I'm at a place now in Lima, Ohio called Happy Daz which reminds me of a Culver's. You go to the counter and order, they give you a number tent and you go sit down and they bring the food out to you. Same way Culver's operates.

That's a pretty loose criterion–Whataburger also operates that way, but I don't think anyone has reason to compare it to Culver's.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dvferyance

Quote from: MantyMadTown on May 05, 2019, 01:02:05 AM

You mean like In and Out is in the southwest and Bojangles is in the south. I never thought Culver's would expand much outside the Midwest but I guess wherever they are going they are working.

kevinb1994

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/culvers-restaurant-looking-for-more-area-locations

To make things even better, Culver's is now looking for more Jacksonville-area locations, including (but not limited to) Southwest Jacksonville (Duval County), St. Augustine (St. Johns County), Yulee (Nassau County), Fernandina Beach (Nassau County), Tallahassee (Leon County), and suburban St. Johns County. The one opening this summer in our area will be located in Middleburg (Clay County).

jdb1234

I've got a Culver's opening this Summer in my area as well (Hoover, AL).

I first discovered Culver's when I went to Marco Island back in 2016.  Knowing about them from this forum, I tried them then.  I have visited Culver's every time that I have been down there since then (Culver's is everywhere in SW Florida).

kevinb1994

Quote from: jdb1234 on May 14, 2019, 02:37:20 PM
I've got a Culver's opening this Summer in my area as well (Hoover, AL).

I first discovered Culver's when I went to Marco Island back in 2016.  Knowing about them from this forum, I tried them then.  I have visited Culver's every time that I have been down there since then (Culver's is everywhere in SW Florida).

This is not exactly on topic, but we haven't been south of Sarasota on the Florida Gulf Coast. Fort Myers has been on my bucket list for some time now as they have the historic Edison and Ford museum(s) as seen on TV. North Port has the brand-new CoolToday Park that has the Atlanta Braves for spring training (in addition to the rookie-level minor-league GCL Braves). Port Charlotte itself has the Charlotte Sports Park that has the Tampa Bay Rays for spring training (in addition to the rookie-level minor-league GCL Rays and the Class-A Advanced FSL Charlotte Stone Crabs).

On that note, we haven't been to either North Central Alabama (Birmingham) or even North Alabama (Huntsville-Decatur-Madison and Florence-Muscle Shoals). I'd like to make it to a Birmingham or a Huntsville-Decatur-Madison Road Meet if another one of those ever happens again.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.