News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hi I Am New Here:

Started by In_Correct, August 11, 2016, 05:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In_Correct

Hello.  :)

If I may introduce myself ...

I am not a huge fan of driving be cause of all the maniacs that are drunk or texting, facebooking, snapchatting, or whatever they do these days ... instead of paying attention. I am afraid if I go past the speed limit, then I will be pulled over. But everybody goes faster than the speed limit.

And I have been on "Sunny Dirt Roads Deep In Bear Country" where there aren't any shoulders and there isn't any room for oncoming traffic. I do not like those types of roads.

I hate two lane roads. I feel much safer on roads with passing lanes, and even better, exits with bridges, and even better, frontage roads.  :biggrin:

I absolutely do not like rail crossings and prefer that they are grade separated.

I like trains, or riding trains. I like double track (or more than double track) and I am a fan of DART Rail.

And I like watching Big Rig Travels.   :D Before I even travel to the destination(s), I already know where everything is! Other times I like watching Big Rig Travels just for fun.

I also like road improvement in other nations and continents, China, Russia, Japan, India, Germany, ... Africa. Oceania.

I joined this forum be cause of a search led me to this forum. I was curious about if they will ever improve the roads of Amarillo before the population continues to increase. And other roads in Texas also. I love Texas Roads.

Have A Nice Day!  :-P
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

froggie

I presume you've already taken a look at the Texas threads, including the one about an upgraded loop highway around Amarillo.

jbnati27

Welcome from greater Cincinnati!

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario! :)

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Alabama! I like trains like you, but our differences lay in the railroad crossings. I'm a big fan of at-grade ones, especially ones that have older signals.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

noelbotevera

Welcome from that place!
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

SignGeek101

Welcome from at-grade intersection Winnipeg!

Quote from: In_Correct on August 11, 2016, 05:19:37 AM
I am not a huge fan of driving be cause of all the maniacs that are drunk or texting, facebooking, snapchatting, or whatever they do these days ... instead of paying attention. I am afraid if I go past the speed limit, then I will be pulled over. But everybody goes faster than the speed limit.

We are in agreement on that. I have spent way more time and distance on a bus then behind the wheel. I'm optimistic about the future of self-driving cars. It's undeniable that a self driving car is faster, more logical and more advanced than the average driver today.

Quote from: In_Correct on August 11, 2016, 05:19:37 AM
And I have been on "Sunny Dirt Roads Deep In Bear Country" where there aren't any shoulders and there isn't any room for oncoming traffic. I do not like those types of roads.

I hate two lane roads. I feel much safer on roads with passing lanes, and even better, exits with bridges, and even better, frontage roads.  :biggrin:

I absolutely do not like rail crossings and prefer that they are grade separated.

Champagne taste  :-D If you come to Canada, just stay in BC, Ontario and east and you'll be fine for the most part.

Welcome again.

3web

Who knows where the road goes? Of course! Google maps!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.