News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ireland-UK road trip advice?

Started by empirestate, October 18, 2012, 12:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conekicker

All the talk about drinking upthread has made me thirsty but overseas visitors to the UK need to remember our blood/alcohol limits are rather low. If you're driving, the best advice is "Don't drink and drive". A pint of beer or a double whisky at most, to be on the safe side. Whilst our boys in blue might find your foreign accent cute, they won't hesitate to give you a night's free accommodation in the cells if you are over the limit.

If you've parked your car for the night in the hotel car park on the other hand...   :cheers: , (just remember you might still be over the limit the next morning if you've really tied one on the night before! :ded:).
Over 50 and thus a grumpy old man. Just as long as you realise I'm right and you're not, we'll get along just fine, OK? ;-)

cpzilliacus

Quote from: conekicker on July 08, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
All the talk about drinking upthread has made me thirsty but overseas visitors to the UK need to remember our blood/alcohol limits are rather low. If you're driving, the best advice is "Don't drink and drive". A pint of beer or a double whisky at most, to be on the safe side. Whilst our boys in blue might find your foreign accent cute, they won't hesitate to give you a night's free accommodation in the cells if you are over the limit.

Same warning applies in Finland and Sweden.  Alcohol and driving are a mix that can land a person in jail there.  And unlike the United States, law enforcement can demand that anyone driving a motor vehicle submit to a roadside PBT for any reason or no reason at all.  No probable cause is required for the police to stop someone and demand that they blow.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.