News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Managed Lane Study Coming Soon!

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, June 25, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

So, I found this by looking around the web and ended up at ArkansasHighways ( they haven't change the layout, yet). http://www.arkansashighways.com/consultant_services/advertisements/ad_fy2017/RLOI%20for%20Managed%20Lanes%202017%20final%20web.pdf It is a PDF, not much to it other than a letter template and what should present within the document. But, I read somewhere about I-30 or this could be for the 630? I did see and Ad for I-49 and a managed lane study for the Bella Vista area/region. So, I have to pull this out there: Future tolling of Arkansas interstates to come? I read on a page (I believe by: THV11) The story was on the possibility of a managed lane system coming to the Little Rock freeway system. So, I guess they are still thinking about other alternatives than just gas taxes! Great! :clap:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

The Ghostbuster

How congested is the Little Rock freeway system? Would Managed Lanes help relieve Little Rock's congestion?

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 28, 2017, 02:56:09 PM
How congested is the Little Rock freeway system? Would Managed Lanes help relieve Little Rock's congestion?

IMO, half the congestion is people who don't know how to drive.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Really, it isn't "Big City" traffic, it is just a bunch of general and commuter traffic from surrounding areas coming together in one place. If that weren't the case, the 630 and others would possibly be a typical Arkansas interstate of just two lanes divided.

mrsman

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on June 29, 2017, 04:16:26 PM
Really, it isn't "Big City" traffic, it is just a bunch of general and commuter traffic from surrounding areas coming together in one place. If that weren't the case, the 630 and others would possibly be a typical Arkansas interstate of just two lanes divided.

And the point is that if traffic generally moves pretty well, nobody will voluntarily pay a toll to drive in the managed lanes, so it won't be that worthwhile.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: mrsman on July 06, 2017, 07:14:38 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on June 29, 2017, 04:16:26 PM

And the point is that if traffic generally moves pretty well, nobody will voluntarily pay a toll to drive in the managed lanes, so it won't be that worthwhile.
It can just as easily come to a grinding hault.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.