News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Stub at I-30 and TX 24 near Greenville

Started by bugo, May 26, 2018, 05:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

txstateends

Never heard of any future changes or additions to TX 24.  The way the interchange looks to me, it's like they did it with the idea of eventually making it a full trumpet or actual T-interchange, but shopped short for the time being to favor south-to-west and north-to-east traffic.  IINM, it's supposed to help traffic between DFW and TX A&M-Commerce.

Looking at the map and GSV, I didn't realize they'd truncated TX 50 to Commerce (it previously overlapped TX 24 down to I-30).  I guess it was deemed not necessary to have, and it really wasn't.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Road Hog

TX 24 used to continue west to Greenville and then farther west to McKinney, Denton, Decatur, etc. until the portion west of Greenville was renumbered US 380 in the 1970s.

Looks like when the renumbering happened, TX 24 was rerouted down to I-30 (along the existing TX 50?) and the road between Commerce and Greenville was renumbered TX 224.

Brian556

The section of SH 24 W of Greenville became US 380 in 1971. SH 24 was re-routed to the SH 50 corridor in 1979, and the old SH 24 became SH 224 at that time.

Source: http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/default.aspx

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.