News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Texas 54

Started by texaskdog, April 28, 2019, 12:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

One of the least travelled roads I've ever been on.  In 2002, in the one hour trip 6 cars passed me.  Today my wife predicted more, yes it was 10.

Max Rockatansky

Wasn't TX 54 once considered as an extension of US 90?

texaskdog

for a couple of years, finally realized it wasn't worth it  https://www.usends.com/90.html

Chris

According to TxDOT the AADT on State Highway 54 is only 150 - 200 vehicles per day.

wxfree

This was one of those roads where the 55 mph speed limit was retained when the national speed limit went away, for no apparent reason.  Another was SH 118 north of the Davis Mountains.  I can't find when it was changed to 70, but according to Street View it was before 2008.  It was changed to 75 in 2012, although the last time I went that way in November 2015 the signs still said 70.  On SH 54, the speed limit was ordered changed to 70 in 2011 and the last time I went that way in January 2015 the signs had been changed.

On both of those roads 55 seemed unreasonably slow.  It was disappointing that two of the most interesting roads in the state had such low speed limits.  I'm glad that's been corrected.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.