News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What are your biggest complaints about the freeway system in Michigan?

Started by zzomtceo, January 30, 2014, 04:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

Pavement. Some sections of I-196 and US-131 remind me of Chicago streets, except instead of going 25-30 mph you're doing 65-80 mph trying to dodge those lovely holes of pot
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

US 41

US 131 not connecting to I-75 in the northern part of the state is my biggest complaint. It should be a freeway all the way. And the 2 mile piece of US 31 that is not complete (and may never be) is my second complaint.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Crazy Volvo Guy

60mph truck speed.

Which *wouldn't* be a huge deal, as my truck only goes 62, HOWEVER: Everybody and their dog wants to go 61, to my 62.  So, I am slowed down, but I can't pass, which is positively infuriating.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

codyg1985

As others have mentioned, the lack of a third lane in each direction along I-94 between Benton Harbor and Ann Arbor is a big pain. I also noticed the lack of expressways in Michigan. It is either all (freeway) or nothing (two-lane).

It looks like there was a freeway planned for US 31 north of Ludington from the way the interchange looks. I am honestly surprised there isn't a freeway that connects Traverse City with the rest of the freeway network.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

texaskdog

Quote from: codyg1985 on June 02, 2014, 07:58:33 AM
As others have mentioned, the lack of a third lane in each direction along I-94 between Benton Harbor and Ann Arbor is a big pain. I also noticed the lack of expressways in Michigan. It is either all (freeway) or nothing (two-lane).

It looks like there was a freeway planned for US 31 north of Ludington from the way the interchange looks. I am honestly surprised there isn't a freeway that connects Traverse City with the rest of the freeway network.

The city that likes congestion?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.