News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Tollway for US 20 west of Rockford, IL?

Started by Revive 755, July 13, 2011, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Quote from: hobsini2 on March 01, 2014, 02:59:03 PM
Toll road to pay for the bonds = good. Once bonds are paid, then make a freeway.

I'll politely disagree.  How do you pay for continuing maintenance?  You either keep the tolls or or rise the fuel tax.  And the fuel tax is a decreasing pot when more fuel efficient vehicles are used as well as alternate fuel vehicles.  I'll keep the toll that all vehicles must pay, thankyouverymuch.  Just compare IDOT (crumbling) with ISTHA (in decent shape).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hobsini2

Fair point but I was looking at simply as another way to pay for the actual construction not the maintenance especially since it is a US Highway.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

SSOWorld

What type of highway does not matter anymore - even for Interstates - which have become political tools (see I-99)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.