News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Air Base Parkway (Fairfield CA)

Started by bing101, January 17, 2014, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

What is the Exact History of Air Base Parkway. I driven there before but could not clinch the route due to the fact that it ends at the gate of Travis Air Force Base and I am not a member of the Military. I know its a city owned expressway from Waterman BLVD @ I-80 Interchange to the gate.

bing101

roadfro

^ Unsigned freeway??? What do you mean by that? Your map didn't link to anything specific for me.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Alps

I'm starting to think the "new" Google Maps is screwing things up for some people.

bing101

Quote from: roadfro on January 19, 2014, 12:54:48 PM
^ Unsigned freeway??? What do you mean by that? Your map didn't link to anything specific for me.

I know speed limits are 50mph but I dropped the on the street guy on that spot and it had a freeway look in some sections even though its an expressway.

andy3175

Quote from: roadfro on January 19, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

I think he's talking about the fact that there is a diamond interchange where Air Base Parkway and Texas Street meet. The diamond interchange shows up here: https://goo.gl/maps/8QMlk ... and if you go to street view, the grade separation has some design features that make it look like an older state highway freeway interchange. Other than that one interchange, I can't see anything else that makes it look like anything more than a typical surface expressway.

Regards,
Andy
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.