News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

CalTrans District 7 (mostly Los Angeles) resigning project

Started by TheStranger, February 12, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

Quote from: DTComposer on May 21, 2014, 12:06:32 AM

I am completely impressed by how this has all turned out. Great work! Question: on page 5 of your comments you talk about removing the CA-42 shields since that route doesn't exist anymore; right above it you talk about the 405/Artesia interchange and adding directionals to the CA-91 shield - but hasn't CA-91 been truncated back to I-110? Shouldn't the CA-91 shields be removed completely?

I know 91's relinquishment status has changed over the last few years to cover more and more of the surface street route...as of January/February, the route is actually still well signed west of 110 to at least 405.  Wonder if it's one of those "not yet officially returned to local maintenance" deals like 14U.

Certainly there are currently way more signs for 91's surface routing than there have been for 42 in years!
Chris Sampang

emory

Quote from: TheStranger on May 21, 2014, 12:55:44 AM
Quote from: DTComposer on May 21, 2014, 12:06:32 AM

I am completely impressed by how this has all turned out. Great work! Question: on page 5 of your comments you talk about removing the CA-42 shields since that route doesn't exist anymore; right above it you talk about the 405/Artesia interchange and adding directionals to the CA-91 shield - but hasn't CA-91 been truncated back to I-110? Shouldn't the CA-91 shields be removed completely?

I know 91's relinquishment status has changed over the last few years to cover more and more of the surface street route...as of January/February, the route is actually still well signed west of 110 to at least 405.  Wonder if it's one of those "not yet officially returned to local maintenance" deals like 14U.

Certainly there are currently way more signs for 91's surface routing than there have been for 42 in years!

Route 91 officially ends at Vermont Ave west of I-110. Many relinquished routes around the LA area still have signs up. Former route 2 is still well signed in Beverly Hills, with signs scattered in West Hollywood. Arroyo Parkway still has a CA 110 shield up heading south.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.