News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstate 80 (Sacramento) Concrete Cracking Already

Started by ZLoth, April 20, 2014, 07:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

From CBS13-Sacramento:

Interstate 80 Concrete Cracking Already, Will Cost More Than $2M To Fix
QuoteNATOMAS (CBS13) – A Caltrans project on Interstate 80 is now going in reverse as freshly laid concrete needs to be torn apart and redone.

The cost of the mistake will be between $2 million and $3 million, and taxpayers may have to foot the bill.

The concrete problem on westbound Interstate 80 in Natomas was discovered where a new carpool lane is being added.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

bing101

This is Crazy and I have to use Beltline freeway this week because US-50 is Closed for Fix 50 project.

This is supposed to be an alternate route for US-50 and now this route is getting the Bay Bridge type Fall out here. Come on. If Concrete does not work for that area then why not Asphalt. I live in Solano County and the I-80 Stretch used to be concrete but Caltrans Repaved it with Asphalt from Fairfield, to Yolo County Line.

bing101

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=808055589223990&set=a.808055542557328.1073741916.100000586708549&type=1&theater

They have to Correct the sign here between I-5 and US-50. Its Beltline but it does not say business 80 its says I-80 even though the freeway is I-80.

jrouse

The failed concrete is in the westbound direction.  The new eastbound lane is ok and will be opened temporarily as a 4th general purpose lane during the Fix 50 project.  People who use that temporary 4th lane should be aware that the lane directly transitions into the HOV lane at Longview.

hm insulators

Isn't it interesting how there's never money to do a job right the first time but always plenty of money to do it over again. :pan:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.