News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New signs for I-605 (Long Beach-Baldwin Park)

Started by J N Winkler, April 22, 2014, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J N Winkler

Caltrans has advertised another major signing contract for District 7, this time covering I-605 from the Orange County line north to the I-10 interchange:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/oe/project_ads_addenda/07/07-295704/

Most of the signs appear to be carbon-copied, including "THRU TRAFFIC" (straight out of the 1958 Interstate signing manual) as the forward destination on I-605 pull-throughs.  I spotted one blooper:  "Telegrahp Rd" on an interchange sequence sign on Sheet 113.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

agentsteel53

argh.

if we're gonna have 1958-spec signage, can we keep the ones we've already got?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Henry

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 22, 2014, 01:21:04 PM
argh.

Yes, and BTW, has anything in the Golden State been re-signed with that tacky Clearview yet?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

myosh_tino

Quote from: Henry on April 22, 2014, 03:11:59 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 22, 2014, 01:21:04 PM
argh.

Yes, and BTW, has anything in the Golden State been re-signed with that tacky Clearview yet?

Aside from a few cities using Clearview for street signs, thankfully no!

Also, looking at the plans, I noticed the reintroduction of freeway names on I-605 southbound approaching CA-91.  The exit direction sign currently says "(91) Freeway" but will be replaced with "(91) Artesia Fwy".  Freeway names appear on other new signs (San Gabriel Fwy, Pomona Fwy, Imperial Hwy) but these are carbon copies of the current signs.  The one freeway that loses it's freeway name on signs is the Santa Ana Fwy (I-5).
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.