News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

CA 266

Started by Max Rockatansky, November 01, 2021, 08:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

California State Route 266 is 12 mile State Highway entirely contained within Fish Valley of remote eastern Mono County.  California State Route 266 begins at the southern terminus of Nevada State Route 264 at the Nevada State Line/Esmeralda County Line and jogs southward to California State Route 168 at the small community of Oasis.  From Oasis the alignment of California State Route 266 swings eastward to a terminus at Nevada State Route 266 at the Nevada State Line/Esmeralda County Line.  California State Route 266 has one of the lowest average daily traffic counts on any California State Highway with a 1992 estimate of 70-110 vehicles daily.  Pictured as the blog cover is the northern terminus of the then new California State Route 266 at the Nevada State Line transitioning onto Nevada State Route 3A during 1966.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2021/11/california-state-route-266.html?m=1

Inyomono395

I have a slight correction. It's actually Fish Lake Valley. I work for caltrans and I was on CA 266 on Monday helping with a hazmat clean up after a fuel tanker went of the road and caught fire.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Inyomono395 on November 03, 2021, 11:23:28 PM
I have a slight correction. It's actually Fish Lake Valley. I work for caltrans and I was on CA 266 on Monday helping with a hazmat clean up after a fuel tanker went of the road and caught fire.

I saw that closure on the Caltrans District 9 Facebook page.  That would be a hell of a detour to take if one found themselves blocked off from access to Oasis.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.