Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

I-465 Indianapolis Construction

(1/9) > >>

wh15395:
I was just wondering if anyone knows why INDOT hasn't just finished up the new lanes on 465 north of the Sam Jones Expressway to 10th street? I was on 465 going home from the airport a couple weeks ago and thought about this. Isn't construction basically done between these two areas with the exception of painting the new 4th lane?

tdindy88:
Good question, was wondering that myself a couple of weeks ago. I believe I was told a month ago or so that each side was being worked on by a different construction group and that one group had finished before the other, but I think at this point both sides should be done. It might just be the weather delaying the painting of that fourth lane, with snow in recent weeks and more tomorrow.

mukade:

--- Quote from: tdindy88 on January 10, 2011, 04:57:24 PM ---Good question, was wondering that myself a couple of weeks ago. I believe I was told a month ago or so that each side was being worked on by a different construction group and that one group had finished before the other, but I think at this point both sides should be done. It might just be the weather delaying the painting of that fourth lane, with snow in recent weeks and more tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
I assume INDOT is doing the same with this project as they did with the Borman widening. On the Borman, the left lane from Broadway west to Calumet Avenue was not opened until the section from Calumet Avenue west into Illinois was done. Similarly on I-465, the area around Crawfordsville Road and I-74 is far from being done so they are probably waiting to open the whole thing at once. At least that is my theory.

wh15395:
I was driving today on the North side and noticed that INDOT has installed a travel time sign (although it's not functioning) between Meridian Street and Keystone Ave. Does anyone know when they are going to finish it or if anymore are supposed to go up?

tdindy88:

--- Quote from: wh15395 on January 21, 2011, 07:29:41 PM ---I was driving today on the North side and noticed that INDOT has installed a travel time sign (although it's not functioning) between Meridian Street and Keystone Ave. Does anyone know when they are going to finish it or if anymore are supposed to go up?

--- End quote ---

I saw something in the middle of the median there a few days ago, I was wondering if that was what it was. As for them being installed, INDOT is going to put up a lot more of these around the Indy Metro Area over the next few years, they will be on all the major interstates around the city as well as US 31 (Carmel) and I-69 (Southwest) when both are constructed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version