News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Palindromic street names in your area?

Started by KCRoadFan, August 25, 2023, 08:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: ilpt4u on August 26, 2023, 04:32:36 PM
Quote from: Streetman on August 26, 2023, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: ilpt4u on August 26, 2023, 12:46:04 AM
Any auto racing tracks have a "Race Car"  Ave/Blvd/Ln/whatever? Anywhere?
Google Maps search turns up a Race Car Dr., Dagsboro, DE, and Race Car Pl., La Plata, MD.
Also came up with Race Car Ln, Moncks Corner, SC; Race Car Dr, Bradley, ME; Race Car Dr, Three Springs, PA; Race Car Alley, Bonifay, FL; none are near tracks, tho

"Race car"  is a favorite palindrome of mine

I was half-expecting a former dirt short track, but the Moncks Corners example is alongside of a go-kart track.

drebbin37

In Montville, CT there's Oxoboxo Brook and Oxoboxo Lake, with the nearby Oxoboxo Rd, Oxoboxo Cross Rd, and Oxoboxo Dam Rd being named after those water features.  According to wikipedia, the name is derived from Algonquian languages of the area.

pderocco

Quote from: drebbin37 on September 08, 2023, 10:25:49 PM
In Montville, CT there's Oxoboxo Brook and Oxoboxo Lake, with the nearby Oxoboxo Rd, Oxoboxo Cross Rd, and Oxoboxo Dam Rd being named after those water features.  According to wikipedia, the name is derived from Algonquian languages of the area.
Gee, if it's in all caps, OXOBOXO, it has vertical symmetry too.

drebbin37

Quote from: pderocco on September 09, 2023, 12:07:55 AM
Quote from: drebbin37 on September 08, 2023, 10:25:49 PM
Gee, if it's in all caps, OXOBOXO, it has vertical symmetry too.

Cool!  Never thought of that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.