What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

Quote from: epzik8 on July 12, 2020, 07:08:00 PM
I both left and re-entered Maryland on I-95/495 via the Wilson Bridge.
This time (Sunday) I both left and re-entered Maryland on US 222.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

J N Winkler

My last long road trip took me to Toronto and the Adirondacks.  I left Kansas via I-35 in Kansas City and returned via SR 171 east of Pittsburg.

Other recent unusual pairings of exit/re-entry points include US 281 near Hardtner/K-23 south of Meade (part of a trip to Greer County, Texas) and US 36 near St. Joseph/I-35 in Kansas City (part of a Wisconsin trip).  But because the bulk of my recent long-distance car travel has been to states east of the frontier tier, I have tended to leave and return via I-35 either to the south or to the northeast.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

1995hoo

Drove to Ohio today for a funeral tomorrow. Left Virginia on VA-55/US-48 en route to Corridor H.

Have not yet decided on the route home on Sunday other than that it won't be Corridor H because we're making another stop in Northeast Ohio en route and Corridor H would be too far out of the way. I'll take the opportunity to knock off my last remaining piece of the eastern I-76 from Akron to the Ohio Turnpike, and beyond that who knows. I'm thinking about the new piece of US-219 near Somerset. If we do that, I might just take the boring old I-70 to I-270 to the Beltway into Virginia for lack of any better ideas.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

sprjus4

Left Virginia to North Carolina on US-17, entered Virginia from North Carolina on I-85.

Max Rockatansky

Dipped into Nevada and back via US 395 after crossing the Sierra Nevada Mountains just to say I did it...

1995hoo

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 01, 2020, 09:45:20 PM
Drove to Ohio today for a funeral tomorrow. Left Virginia on VA-55/US-48 en route to Corridor H.

Have not yet decided on the route home on Sunday other than that it won't be Corridor H because we're making another stop in Northeast Ohio en route and Corridor H would be too far out of the way. I'll take the opportunity to knock off my last remaining piece of the eastern I-76 from Akron to the Ohio Turnpike, and beyond that who knows. I'm thinking about the new piece of US-219 near Somerset. If we do that, I might just take the boring old I-70 to I-270 to the Beltway into Virginia for lack of any better ideas.

OK, in spite of what I said above, as we came down the new US-219 today, we both said we had no desire to take I-70 and I-270, so Ms1995hoo said to take Corridor H. She didn't realize that meant taking two-lane US-219 south to Thomas to connect, but if she wanted me to take Corridor H, who am I to argue?!   :biggrin: Only downside was that the segment from Wardensville to I-81 was very slow due to some doofus who was content to do 40 mph. Nobody seemed to want to pass him, so I wound up passing as many as seven cars at a time. My wife didn't like that–she seems not to like passing on two-lane roads. My feeling is, why else would they have passing zones?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Just got back from a camping trip with my boys on Friday.

We left Kansas on Stanton County RD 12 (becomes CO-116) on Monday, 28-SEP-2020.  It's a county road with no lane markings (at least at the time I drove it), signed at 65 mph.

We re-entered Kansas on US-56 at Elkhart on Thursday, 01-OCT-2020.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Did a day trip down to the Allegany Mtns last weekend. Crossed from NY into PA via NY 280/PA 346, which was a first-time crossing for me. Also got a surprise clinch of Warren County, PA, and later crossed back into NY on US 219.

kphoger

This was the first time I've been more than one county away since March.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Wow. Just by quick count, I've been more than one county away from my home county on seven separate occasions since the start of the pandemic. Five of those were day trips, the other two were overnight.

However, I only just last weekend drove through Buffalo for the first time since the pandemic hit. That stretch from early March until now was definitely, hands-down, the longest stretch of time that I've gone in my lifetime without visiting Erie County. Under normal circumstances I'd visit or pass through at least once or twice a month.

kphoger

It isn't necessarily pandemic-related for me.  We just hadn't made any travel plans since March.
Male pronouns, please.

Buck87

10/14: Left Ohio by air, crossing the OH/IN line approximately 30,000 feet above Union City.
10/20: Re-entered Ohio from Indiana on US 24.

This difference in the modes of transport gives me an idea for a thread, which I will very soon be posting in the Travel forum.

kphoger

KS-171 / MO-171

Left Kansas on 10/17/2020, returned on 10/19/2020.
Male pronouns, please.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Back on Saturday, left Ohio for West Virginia via US 35. Back on Tuesday I reentered Ohio, from West Virginia via Oh 833.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

davmillar

Left Texas on US 377 into Oklahoma and returned on I-35. No predetermined destination but ended up taking a spin through Ardmore, around the Turner Falls area, stretched my legs and stared at some wind turbines, and made Stuckey's and Buc-ee's stops on the way home.
Try out my puzzle game Interst8 at https://interst8.us

D-Dey65

I've mentioned this before, but I crossed over the Florida-Georgia Line and back on US 17 during my recent Northeastern Florida photography crusade in October.

Flint1979

Last Thursday I left and re-entered Michigan both on US-23.

Tom958

This is sad. Have I really not left the state since December of 2019? I've been doing photo excursions around Georgia, so I guess not.

Went from my home at Lawrenceville, GA to Lexington, KY to see my daughter and son-in-law. Left via I-75, taking it all the way up, but returned via US 23-441, having come through Cumberland Gap.

Buck87

Both 11/7:
Left Ohio on OH 253/KY 10 at the Greenup Locks and Dam
Re-entered Ohio on US 23 into downtown Portsmouth

US71

This last excursion, I left along US 271 and returned via US 67 &  US 71
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Flint1979

Btw, not too long after re-entering Michigan a doe was standing in the left lane and I slammed into it at 80 mph near MM 12 on NB US-23. That area has woods right up to the freeway.

vsaharan

Went down to Taos two weekends ago through CO159/NM522. The "Colorful Colorado" sign at the border is definitely an upgrade view-wise than the ones you'll see coming from I-25, I-70, or I-76. It's too bad NM doesn't have a "Land of Enchantment" sign at this border spot though :(

JMoses24

When I most recently left the state (a storm chasing excursion), I left on I-40 west and returned on US 62 east.

allniter89

This afternoon I went out for a ride. I left FL & entered AL on FL 85 then returned to FL on US 331. AL gas is much cheaper than FL by 20-30 cents.
I'm planning on going to Effingham, IL this week to see my new grandbaby named after me, that's right he was named Allniter Brock :-D. Actually he was given both my 1st & middle name, Michael John. Born 10/31, 6lbs, 20"  :clap:
I'm taking Dove Way to Hibiscus Av :spin:, US 90, Okaloosa Co Rd 393, FL 85 AL 55, I 65, I 24, I 57. I have plenty of time I'll stop to checkout Cairo, IL want to get a closer look at the flood gates. Metropolis has the statue of Superman? Not a big S-man fan but something to see? Maybe go to St Louis to see the arch. Any suggestions?
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Buck87

Wednesday: Left OH into IN on I-70
Friday: Returned to OH from KY on OH 852/Carl Perkins Bridge

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.