Propose a future interstate. Where would you want it built and why?

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, May 24, 2019, 10:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planxtymcgillicuddy

For me, I would want to see an interstate run through some areas hard hit by job loss/company moves or is at a disadvantage based on where they're located. I've drawn up Interstate 33 with this in mind. I-33 would start at I-10 in Tallahassee, and would run north along 319/19 through Thomasville and Camilla to Albany, where it would then turn onto SR 300 and go to Cordele. At Cordele, 33 would then follow U.S 280 east through Rochelle, Abbeville, Milan, McRae and Vidalia before joining with U.S. 1 near Lyons, GA. The stretch of U.S. 1 from Lyons to Augusta would become I-33. Between Augusta and Camden, I-33 and I-20 would run basically together, similar to how I-59 & I-20 runs through Alabama. At Camden, 33 would pick up U.S. 1 once again, and go through Cheraw, SC before entering NC and traveling through Aberdeen, Southern Pines, Sanford and Moncure before going through Raleigh, utilizing the Cliff Benson and Raleigh beltlines. From Raleigh, 33 would follow U.S. 1 to Henderson, briefly paralleling I-85 between Henderson and Middleburg. At Norlina, 33 would then turn east and utilize U.S. 158, going through Littleton & Roanoke Rapids. It would continue to follow 158 to Tar Heel, NC, where it would then turn and follow U.S. 13 through Suffolk, eventually joining onto U.S. 58 and coming to an end in Norfolk.

It would give areas such as southwest GA and the sandhills of SC & NC a chance to revitalize, it would give one of the largest non-interstate cities just that (Albany, GA) as well as smaller but growing cities like Swainsboro, GA and Sanford, NC a chance to boom, and would give a second Norfolk-to-RTP option for those not wanting to take I-87, and want a bit more of a scenic route.

Sorry for being so long winded! And if this is in the wrong part of the forum, feel free to move it to the correct one!
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

oscar

This belongs in Fictional Highways, the place for forum members' ideas (not always crazy) about new or renumbered highways.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

planxtymcgillicuddy

Quote from: oscar on May 24, 2019, 11:29:49 AM
This belongs in Fictional Highways, the place for forum members' ideas (not always crazy) about new or renumbered highways.

Thank you for the info! I'll post this there, and mods, delete this from this particular part of the forum, if you wish!
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.