News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Richmond to Annapolis - speed traps?

Started by Takumi, May 11, 2017, 08:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

So, sometime in August I'm planning to head to a regional car meet in the Annapolis area. Because I plan to rendezvous with someone from the Northern Neck on the way up, I plan to take US 301 up there. (And as a bonus I avoid the traffic hellscape that is NoVA.) Anything I should look out for? Speed traps? Choke points? Tolls on the Nice Bridge? Thanks.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Mapmikey

Only 301 south back into Virginia is toll.

Waldorf can be pretty busy and although north of there to Bowie you can usually drive 55 you should definitely stay alert...it will be busy and there are quite a few stoplights and access points.

An alternative where you go through a bit of Amish country would be to leave 301 at MD 234 to MD 236 to MD 5.  Then use MD 231 east to Prince Frederick and MD 2 to Annapolis.

1995hoo

I believe the toll coming back over the bridge to Virginia is still $6. E-ZPass accepted, of course.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

dfilpus

Saint Charles Parkway is an alternate bypass of some of the Waldorf mess, but it does not skip La Plata.

epzik8

There's a red light camera within the Bowie hub that's really good. I saw it go off for a tractor-trailer coming back from Leonardtown in February.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

plain

Don't speed on VA 207 if you're taking it (instead of US 301 below Bowling Green). VSP gave me my only speeding ticket there 20 years ago and they are usually the ones that still patrol it
Newark born, Richmond bred

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.