News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Officials Warn Of Upcoming 405 Freeway Closure In O.C.

Started by cpzilliacus, August 11, 2013, 03:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

citrus

As far as I can tell, this is the busiest freeway section by AADT in California: 377750 in 2012.

Nearly all of the recent "Carmaggeddon" sections of 405 have been under 300K, although alternates to Sepulveda Pass are not as plentiful as they are for this section in Orange County.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

JustDrive

Quote from: citrus on August 12, 2013, 11:37:46 AM
As far as I can tell, this is the busiest freeway section by AADT in California: 377750 in 2012.

Nearly all of the recent "Carmaggeddon" sections of 405 have been under 300K, although alternates to Sepulveda Pass are not as plentiful as they are for this section in Orange County.

Even then you still have to go pretty far out of your way to go around.  Westminster and Katella Avenues are the recommended alternate routes, but they're at least 1 mile away from the 405.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.