Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Los Angeles-San Francisco no freeways

<< < (4/4)

GaryA:

--- Quote from: RZF on September 27, 2021, 03:33:01 PM ---On my proposed route, I use the frontage roads when there are no other roads nearby. I guess, from what I've been told here on this thread, that the CA 1/135 interchange is considered a freeway exit. Also, I guess the Las Posas Rd exit is also considered an exit, being the beginning of a freeway portion there. Maybe those can be two very, very minor exceptions to this coast route.

--- End quote ---

The Las Posas Rd exit from CA-1 is definitely after the "Begin Freeway"; I was just through there.

There are many ways to avoid this, although most take you quite a bit away from the coast.  One possibility would be Dexter Cyn (CA-23) -> Potrero Rd --> Reino Rd --> Lynn Rd --> Potrero Rd --> Lewis Rd -> Pleasant Valley Rd (CA-34) --> 5th St (CA-34).

Quillz:

--- Quote from: RZF on September 27, 2021, 03:33:01 PM ---On my proposed route, I use the frontage roads when there are no other roads nearby. I guess, from what I've been told here on this thread, that the CA 1/135 interchange is considered a freeway exit. Also, I guess the Las Posas Rd exit is also considered an exit, being the beginning of a freeway portion there. Maybe those can be two very, very minor exceptions to this coast route.

--- End quote ---
CA-1 is freeway from Las Posas Road to the new Rice Avenue junction. It picks up as freeway again northwest of Lompoc, to roughly the CA-135 junction. Then it’s freeway again from roughly Morro Bay to Cayucos. Finally, it’s freeway from roughly Carmel to the CA-156 junction. So you’d have to find alternate routes around these areas to avoid freeway entirely.

JustDrive:
From LA city hall:

Main St
César Chávez Ave/Sunset Blvd
Highland Ave/Cahuenga Blvd West/Ventura Blvd
Valley Circle Blvd
Calabasas Rd
Mureau Rd
Las Virgenes Rd
Agoura Rd
Westlake Blvd
Potrero Rd
Reino Rd
West Potrero Rd/Laguna Rd
Las Posas Rd
5th Street
Harbor Blvd
Figueroa St
Thompson Blvd
Ventura Ave
Casitas Vista Rd (to avoid the on-ramp to the 33)
Santa Ana Rd
Santa Ana Blvd
CA 33
CA 198
CA 25
Bloomfield Ave
Bolsa Rd/Monterey Rd/1st St
Santa Clara Ave/The Alameda/El Camino Real
San Mateo Ave
South Airport Blvd/Bayshore Blvd/Third St

There are some at-grade interchanges on Monterey Rd, but I don’t think those would be considered to be parts of a freeway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version