National Boards > General Highway Talk

Active Highways You Have Touched with your Hand

(1/4) > >>

AlexandriaVA:
I saw a similar title for active highway signs, and it got me thinking about the actual roadways.

A few conditions for the question:
1) Must be a limited-access freeway/expressway. No local roads or business/local detours.
2) Has to be with your hand (i.e. not walking)
3) Can't be an auxiliary, ramp, or frontage road (i.e. only the main line).

The one that immediately comes to mind for me was a few weeks ago when I was walking along a pedestrian sidepath on the east side of Case Bridge in DC, which carries I-395. The safety railing was very low, and traffic was stopped, so I reached my hand over the concrete, but under the hand rail, and briefly touched the pavement on the road. My wife wasn't very impressed with me....

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8801028,-77.031333,3a,30y,194.7h,84.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sE0bJTan8d95aFWVyhpxMoQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192 (not me in the GSV image, but you get the idea)

Max Rockatansky:
I did sets of push ups for an hour on AZ 87 between Payson and Fountain Hills once. 

GaryV:
I had to change a tire on I-75 once.  I'm sure my hand touched the ground on the shoulder of the freeway - does that count?

plain:

--- Quote from: GaryV on September 25, 2021, 09:45:42 AM ---I had to change a tire on I-75 once.  I'm sure my hand touched the ground on the shoulder of the freeway - does that count?

--- End quote ---

I had to change a tire on I-95 (VA) and I-70 (MD). I really hope it counts lol

Rothman:
Pavement fetish?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version