News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What brand of toilet paper have you been buying during the pandemic?

Started by Pink Jazz, October 13, 2021, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What brand of toilet paper have you been buying during the pandemic?

Charmin
3 (21.4%)
Quilted Northern
1 (7.1%)
Cottonelle
1 (7.1%)
Charmin Essentials
0 (0%)
Angel Soft
3 (21.4%)
Scott
1 (7.1%)
A store brand (specify)
1 (7.1%)
Other (specify)
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pink Jazz

I would like to know, what brand of toilet paper have you been buying in the pandemic?

I mostly have been buying Angel Soft, since it seems to be readily available and is good quality for the price.

Max Rockatansky

The same as always; Exchange Select.  I never had a TP locating issue during of the COVID supply nonsense. 

J N Winkler

I chose "Other" (meaning "None") since we are still working through an overstockage of paper goods (not just toilet paper, but also paper towels) that pre-dates the pandemic by at least four years.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Pink Jazz

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 13, 2021, 02:02:59 PM
I chose "Other" (meaning "None") since we are still working through an overstockage of paper goods (not just toilet paper, but also paper towels) that pre-dates the pandemic by at least four years.

Paper towels I switch back and forth between Bounty and Brawny.  I tried Sparkle (Georgia Pacific's lower cost brand) once and it wasn't so good, so with PT I tend to use more of the premium brands. Premium brands aren't so important for me with TP (the three premium brands being Charmin, Quilted Northern, and Cottonelle).

Interestingly, it seems like with TP and PT the brands that are more likely to sell out based on my experience are the premium brands and the store brands, leaving behind the lower cost name brands (Charmin Essentials, Angel Soft, and Scott for TP, and Bounty Essentials, Sparkle, and Scott for PT).

abefroman329

I chose "Other" (meaning "None")

What?!

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 13, 2021, 02:02:59 PMsince we are still working through an overstockage of paper goods (not just toilet paper, but also paper towels) that pre-dates the pandemic by at least four years.

Phew!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on October 13, 2021, 02:26:16 PM

What?!

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 13, 2021, 02:02:59 PMsince we are still working through an overstockage of paper goods (not just toilet paper, but also paper towels) that pre-dates the pandemic by at least four years.

Phew!

I mean, it isn't hypothetically impossible there will be answers that don't actual include a toilet paper.  There are several different ways clean your back side other than toilet paper. 

formulanone

I guess we're volunteering enough personal information so now we're being asked directly. Have a road photo:

wanderer2575

I sense some desperation in coming up with new Forum topics.

And where are the poll options for corncobs and the old Sears Roebuck catalog?

1995hoo

Same as before the pandemic: Charmin. There was a brief period last year when the grocery store was out of Charmin (and almost all other brands) and I bought one package of a Canadian brand I'd never heard of before just to tide us over in case we needed some, but that was the only problem we had.

My mom complained that the grocery store she patronizes was completely out of TP last week. She came over for dinner Saturday, so we gave her a package of Charmin we got at Wegmans.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

renegade

Been stealing it from work.   :bigass:

We use Rough-n-Ready brand ... made from 100% unprocessed wood pulp.

We formerly used 1-ply, but it was way too easy to get in touch with your inner self.   :-o
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

abefroman329

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 13, 2021, 02:30:59 PM

What?!

Phew!

I mean, it isn't hypothetically impossible there will be answers that don't actual include a toilet paper.  There are several different ways clean your back side other than toilet paper.

I'm aware, I own a GenieBidet, after all.

Scott5114

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 13, 2021, 02:52:53 PM
Same as before the pandemic: Charmin. There was a brief period last year when the grocery store was out of Charmin (and almost all other brands) and I bought one package of a Canadian brand I'd never heard of before just to tide us over in case we needed some, but that was the only problem we had.

Same here. We had a few different off brands for a little bit there (and found a few brands that I hated and wouldn't ever buy again). One of them had coreless rolls, which I liked because my wife has a tendency to just leave the empty cores all over the bathroom instead of putting them in the recycle bin. Once Charmin was back in stock it hasn't disappeared yet. Actually, I just got back from the store and they had a "buy-two-get-$X-off-must-buy-two" sale going, so there's no shortage of supply here.

At the height of the pandemic, when TP was at its most difficult to find, my idiot goblin cat got into the bathroom somehow and, naturally, decided what she needed to do the most was shred the entire household supply with her claws. (And guests wonder why we keep the bathroom door closed when nobody's in there.)

How are you storing a four-year supply of paper goods? They are bulky enough that for us, even a supply of a few months is enough to take up enough space that it becomes an inconvenience.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

I've used Angel Soft for years. The Dollar General knockoff is not really any different in terms of quality so I'll get that if it's on sale and/or if I have a good DG digital coupon.

I'm definitely a mid-grade TP user. Obviously I don't like the one-ply stuff that rips at the slightest pressure or feels like sandpaper, but I've found that a lot of the higher-end brands produce something similar to what I've always heard called "tattle balls" on sweaters. Little flakes of the paper roll up and cling to your flesh, requiring even more wiping, leaving even more paper remnants, rinse and repeat.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: hbelkins on October 13, 2021, 04:51:14 PM
I've used Angel Soft for years. The Dollar General knockoff is not really any different in terms of quality so I'll get that if it's on sale and/or if I have a good DG digital coupon.

I'm definitely a mid-grade TP user. Obviously I don't like the one-ply stuff that rips at the slightest pressure or feels like sandpaper, but I've found that a lot of the higher-end brands produce something similar to what I've always heard called "tattle balls" on sweaters. Little flakes of the paper roll up and cling to your flesh, requiring even more wiping, leaving even more paper remnants, rinse and repeat.

It's possible the DG toilet paper could be made by Georgia-Pacific (who owns Quilted Northern and Angel Soft).  GP does make some private label toilet paper brands.  They used to make Costco's toilet paper, but now it appears Costco's TP is made by Clearwater Paper.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

abefroman329

Quote from: kurumi on October 13, 2021, 05:40:32 PM
No one's using the three shells?

I don't accept Sly's explanation of the three seashells being used to remove fecal matter directly.  It's clearly a washlet.

Bruce

Kirkland Signature is the easiest to get, for obvious reasons.

It's a shame that American homes are not properly built to accommodate bidets. More sanitary, less wasteful, and more comfortable.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Big John

vdeane

I've been sticking with Charmin, though it can be hard to find at times.  Last year, going to WalMart over the weekend was pretty reliable, but not so much now.  Not going to reveal where I was able to find my most recent purchase in order to avoid triggering a worse flood than there already is.

Quote from: abefroman329 on October 13, 2021, 03:54:58 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 13, 2021, 02:30:59 PM

What?!

Phew!

I'm aware, I own a GenieBidet, after all.
Wouldn't you at least want TP to dry off after using the bidet?  I know I wouldn't want to put my underwear on with my rear dripping wet.

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 13, 2021, 04:12:18 PM
How are you storing a four-year supply of paper goods? They are bulky enough that for us, even a supply of a few months is enough to take up enough space that it becomes an inconvenience.
That is the question of the ages, and the storage issue is part of the reason why I have a hard time.  Finding a six pack mega is hard these days.  Finding super mega (nowhere to put it in my bathroom; even the mega rubs the side of the cabinet when new) or 12+ packs (no room to store) is considerably easier, but they don't work for me.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dlsterner

I thought for sure this was going to be a bandit957 thread ...

Also, no poll choices for corn cobs or Sears catalogs?

Rothman

My parents have one of those toilet seat bidets.  I like them, but find that they do need to be supplemented by toilet paper to get truly clean.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SkyPesos

Been using Kirkland (Costco's house brand) toilet paper for years now. I have no idea which brand manufactures them though.

DandyDan

When Shopko closed its doors in 2019, I bought a bunch then of whatever their store brand was, so I had a bunch on hand all through the pandemic. Work also gave away a bunch to all their employees. When I eventually had to buy some, I just got whatever the HyVee brand is. You could say I just get the HyVee brand for a lot of things, actually.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

tolbs17

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.