Minnesota/Wisconsin Holiday Lights Trip December 2015

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, November 28, 2015, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

This post is mostly aimed at people living in or familiar with Minnesota and/or Wisconsin. I'm planning a holiday display roadtrip sometime in the week or so before Christmas. I was wondering if people had specific recommendations for towns I should visit for impressive displays or fun events; I have Duluth, Mankato, and Willmar planned as part of the trip for impressive light displays.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

tchafe1978

It's not Minnesota or Wisconsin, but it's just across the river. Dubuque, IA has a nice light display in a park. It's a drive-through display, costs $10 per car load, and all proceeds go to a local charity. It's called Reflections in the Park.

JREwing78

If you're going that far south, swing over to Madison for their park light display. It's quite impressive. http://www.fantasyinlights.com/

DaBigE

"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Rothman

Good luck with the weather! :D

When I was in Duluth, the good residential displays were up on the Skyline Parkway.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.