News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Article about streets in Mena, AR from 1919

Started by bugo, May 31, 2014, 08:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Arkansastravelguy

bandit957

It makes no mention of Bert Street.

"Hey Bert!"

"What is it, Ernie?"
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

bugo

The main points of this article:

- Sutherland used to be Southerland.  I remember when they made the change, which was probably in the 1990s

- US 71 is known as Pickering.  I think Pickering was "decommissioned" about the time that Mena went to 911 addresses

- AR 8 south of US 71 is shown as Peach Tree.  It was later Monroe and changed to Morrow in perhaps the late '80s

- Bagley, Brush, Ewing, Hobson, 13th and 14th streets once existed

Avalanchez71

It appears that just one township is in the directory as only one "justice" and one "constable" is mentioned.  It appears that the city had an established police department by this time in lieu of a town marshal or town constable.  I see that all of the other elected officials were billed separate but the constable and the justice of the peace just had constable and justice next to their names in the actually directory.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.