News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Arkansas: I-530 and I-69

Started by bugo, June 13, 2012, 06:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

The new 2012 AHTD highway map shows many new proposed and under construction corridors.  It shows the I-530 corridor as under construction north of Cornerville and proposed south of here.  It also shows a Monticello bypass as partially proposed and partially under construction.  Will part or all of this bypass become I-69?  When I-530 temporarily splits near Cornerville, will the two spurs be 2 lanes and what numbers will they have?  Will 530 end at the split or will it follow one of the two spurs?

Here is a map segment with the roads in question:

Grzrd

^This AHTD map shows the proposed route of I-69 through Arkansas, which includes the Monticello Bypass.

Highway 530 will eventually extend from I-69 up to Pine Bluff, and probably become I-530 once it is four-laned:

Quote from: Grzrd on October 10, 2011, 05:18:35 PM
I emailed Glenn Bolick at AHTD again and asked him if (a) the Connector was being built to interstate standards, and (b) if so, would the section from Star City up to the I-530 interchange be immediately signed as I-530 since it would be connected to the currently existing I-530.
His response:
The connector section is being built to Interstate standards — but it is only being built as a two-lane roadway. The right of way is already acquired, but we will not add the additional two lanes until a later date — more along the lines of when it connects to I-69 and then it would most likely become I-530. The south end of the connector is signed "Highway"  530 and that's what it will be all the way to Pine Bluff.
(above quote from the I-69 in AR thread)

The spurs are referred to as the Hwys. 11/425 Connector:

Quote from: Grzrd on March 05, 2012, 09:35:33 PM
In regard to Highway 530/I-69 SIU 28/I-69 Connector, a third paving project, from Highway 212 southward to construction of a Highways 11/425 Connector is scheduled to be let on March 21 and is described by the Notice as follows:
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO CONSTRUCT EMBANKMENTS AT THE SOUTHERN END OF THE PROJECT AND PAVE 7.752 MILES OF ROUTE 530 AND CONSTRUCT HWYS.11/425 CONNECTOR IN LINCOLN COUNTY.  THIS PROJECT CONSISTS OF EARTHWORK, AGGREGATE BASE COURSE, ACHM BASE, BINDER AND SURFACE COURSES, ONE CONTINUOUS COMPOSITE PLATE GIRDER BRIDGE (TOTAL LENGTH 235.26'), A DOUBLE 11' X 6' X 93' R.C. BOX CULVERT (SPAN 27.91'), MINOR DRAINAGE STRUCTURES, SUBGRADE PREPARATION, RESHAPE SLOPES, EROSION CONTROL ITEMS AND MISC. ITEMS.
(above quote from the I-69 in AR thread)

I don't know if the Hwys. 11/425 Connector will be two lanes, but I suspect it will be.  At one time, AHTD had the plans posted on the website, but a link to those plans in a previous post is now dead.

EDIT

I just found a little bit more info about the Hwys. 11/425 Connector:

Quote from: Grzrd on March 26, 2012, 11:10:05 AM
Highway department spokesman Randy Ort said grading of the 7.7 mile stretch of roadway is almost completed and the $32.2 million project will include setting the road bed and surfacing from Arkansas 212 west of Star City to Arkansas 11 south of Star City. It also includes setting the road bed and resurfacing a section of roadway from Arkansas 11 to U.S. Highway 425.
(above quote from I-69 in AR thread)

edit

This map from the Plans provides a visual of the setting of the road bed and resurfacing a section of roadway from Arkansas 11 to U.S. Highway 425:

M86

Great... AHTD has some very high priorities...

US71

According to a Press Release from AHTD, another section of AR 530 is expected to open Tuesday between AR 114 and new Highway 11 south of Star City.

What will become of Old 11?  Will it become 11B, or demoted to a county maintained road?

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Grzrd

Quote from: US71 on August 17, 2015, 12:15:23 PM
What will become of Old 11?  Will it become 11B, or demoted to a county maintained road?

This post includes snips from a Minute Order explaining the AR 11 and AR 11S designations.

US71

Quote from: Grzrd on August 17, 2015, 12:37:39 PM
Quote from: US71 on August 17, 2015, 12:15:23 PM

This post includes snips from a Minute Order explaining the AR 11 and AR 11S designations.

Forgot all about that. I've slept since then. Thanks, Grzrd. :)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.