News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Trouble accessing forum

Started by myosh_tino, November 18, 2009, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

Earlier today, I tried to access the forums and I was presented with a "Performing Maintenance" page and only admins could log in.  This evening, I tried to access the forums again using the link on the main AARoads webpage and all I got a white page with the words "Sorry Folks".  I was eventually able to get back in here by doing a google search and accessing one of the forums directly.

To whoever handles these things, can you please check the link from the AARoads main page?  Thanks.

Also, my avatar is gone but that's not a big deal because I can re-upload it.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

rickmastfan67

Your avatar is showing fine here (unless you just reuploaded it; well, it's hit and miss.  Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't).  I would personally host it off the site so it will work no matter what unless you delete it on your site.

Anyways, all but one of the smileys aren't working as well.  Only this one ( :happy: ) is working.

Alex

There are a number the explanations I have for you...

The forum maintenance mode was activated by me while I contacted my host provider to discuss security concerns with the php scripts of this forum. After addressing some of these, I reactivated the forum.

The "sorry folks" image was from May and that file should have been deleted, but I never got around to it. All of my "write" permissions were reset, and I have to manually reset them to delete or change any files. Fortunately I have figure this conundrum out, but that is why the sorry folks image was in place briefly...

The error messages from earlier this evening were caused by me upgrading the forum to the latest version of SMF. This is now complete...

Your avatar changed, like mine did, because I reinstituted an older version of the forum files/scripts I had saved from May 14, 2009 in place of the most recent ones due to concerns with the security of the php scripts.

There may or may not be another change to the forum in the coming days. Please bear with us on these changes...

rickmastfan67

Well, if you need some help with SMF, I'd be willing to lend what I know about this type of forums.  I may not be a developer of SMF, but I do know my way around.

myosh_tino

Quote from: AARoads on November 18, 2009, 07:16:19 PM
There are a number the explanations I have for you...

The forum maintenance mode was activated by me while I contacted my host provider to discuss security concerns with the php scripts of this forum. After addressing some of these, I reactivated the forum.

The "sorry folks" image was from May and that file should have been deleted, but I never got around to it. All of my "write" permissions were reset, and I have to manually reset them to delete or change any files. Fortunately I have figure this conundrum out, but that is why the sorry folks image was in place briefly...

The error messages from earlier this evening were caused by me upgrading the forum to the latest version of SMF. This is now complete...

Your avatar changed, like mine did, because I reinstituted an older version of the forum files/scripts I had saved from May 14, 2009 in place of the most recent ones due to concerns with the security of the php scripts.

There may or may not be another change to the forum in the coming days. Please bear with us on these changes...
AARoads,

Thanks for the update.  I saw that hackers got a hold of the forums so I completely understand that there's a lot of cleanup to do.  I will try to reload my avatar sometime tonight.  Thank you for all your hard work and hopefully you can get everything working as soon as possible.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

jdb1234

Every time I try to get into the forum, I continue to get the "sorry folks" image.  In order to get into the forum without the "sorry folks" image, I have to use the address aaroads.com/forum/index.php.  Hopefully, everything will eventually get back to normal.  At least I can get into the forum.

Hellfighter

Whew! It's good to see the forums back up!

mightyace

Quote from: Hellfighter on November 18, 2009, 11:48:55 PM

Agreed.

I know it's probably being worked on, but just in case it's not.
I noticed that the list of users for the day is not back up yet.

There is a ":  (: 0, : ) " at the bottom of the page.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

jdb1234

agentsteel53

it is.  we are working on it :)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

rickmastfan67

Quote from: mightyace on November 18, 2009, 11:54:32 PM
Quote from: Hellfighter on November 18, 2009, 11:48:55 PM

Agreed.

I know it's probably being worked on, but just in case it's not.
I noticed that the list of users for the day is not back up yet.

There is a ":  (: 0, : ) " at the bottom of the page.

They preatty much just have to reinstall the addon.  Then that should show up and work again.

froggie

It appears that the issue with the "Quick Reply" going slow as molasses has been resolved as well.

SSOWorld

There are several features that were fixed with the theme that we lost temporarily due to upgrading the software.  As rickmastfan67 said, these will have to be reinstalled and we'll do that asap.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Chris

Truvelo

I was beginning to worry that the forum was permanently closed.
Speed limits limit life

corco

Truvelo

What's happened to the avatars?
Speed limits limit life

SSOWorld

During the reload, some of the newer avatars were unfortunately lost.  The best solution to this would be to reload your avatar.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Hellfighter

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Master son on November 24, 2009, 04:25:17 PM
During the reload, some of the newer avatars were unfortunately lost.  The best solution to this would be to reload your avatar.

Newer? I've had the same one since January.  :P
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

un1

Great to see the site back. I was getting a bit worried there.

Hmm... seems my avatar is missing, and I haven't changed it months.

Also, if anyone wondered where I went I've been lurking and I only check the Canada board anymore.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Master son on November 24, 2009, 04:25:17 PM

Solution for the future, upload your avatar off site at a personal site or at a site like Photobucket.  I personally have mine hosted @ Photobucket, so mine wasn't effected during the reload because the forum retained the URL link for it.

xcellntbuy

Wonderful to have you back! :clap:

Michael

It's great to be back!  Like some others, I was worried the forum would be gone.

On a side note, Quick-Reply doesn't show me the smilies like it did in the Alina theme.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.