News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Planned 2015 road trips

Started by golden eagle, December 19, 2014, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFromNewEngland

During Spring Break, my family and I are going to go on a road trip to Nashville. As of now, our plan is to stop in Philly, DC, and Asheville along the way. I'm in charge of the route that we're gonna take.  :bigass:

As for other trips, I'll probably do my annual Upstate NY/Vermont trip in the summer and I also plan on going to the Cape as well.

JMoses24

Quote from: cjk374 on January 01, 2015, 01:04:40 PM
I will be getting married the 1st week in June in Pawleys Island, SC.  This will be my big road trip for the year:

1)  New counties to clinch east of Augusta, GA and in SC.
2)  New stretch of I-20 to clinch (unfortunately I won't make it to I-20's eastern terminus).  :no:
3)  I'll get to see US 1 for the first time...even if it'll only be the shields on a BGS.  :-|
4)  I will see the highest numbered US routes I have ever seen: 501, 521, 601, 701. (425 is my current highest)
5)  My 1st time to see/drive I-95...even if it is just a few miles.

We also MIGHT make another trip to see her family in AL (Albertville-Boaz-Guntersville area) last week of March/1st week of April.

You actually can get to I-20's east terminus on the way to Pawley's Island, if you stay on it to I-95. From there, I-95 north will take you to 501, which intersects with US 17 Alternate in Myrtle Beach, and you can take US 17 south to Pawley's Island.

jpi

My first big road trip of the new year is this weekend, county clinching road trip with focus on north central Arkansas and southeastern\ east central Kansas, this ties in with my first toy show of the year in a couple hours away St Louis, MO. I have another county clinching road trip planned for early March that involves seeing Fleetwood Mac in concert in Little Rock, AR which includes focus on southeastern Arkansas and west central Mississippi. Then 2 BIG cross country road trips, one of them for the denver road meet which BTW is so far the only road meet I plan to attend this year (UP is still on back burner) And then in July, if Steph gets time off approved, heading to Albuquerque, NM in July for annual diecast car convention and this will be tied in with a BIG multi state road trip taking us into the northwest for the first time, if all works out, by the time this trip is done, Steph and I will have been to all lower 48 states with the exception of Maine, that is planned for 2016 :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.