AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!  (Read 23920 times)

signalman

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1037
  • It's not the destination, but the trip to/from it

  • Age: 43
  • Location: North Jersey
  • Last Login: Today at 02:33:44 PM
Re: DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2022, 03:51:40 PM »

I just returned to the Garden State a few hours ago. It was a great trip and look forward to revisiting Natchez at some point in the future. Now for the crummy parts of traveling...unpacking and laundry and attending to a week and a half's worth of unread mail  :ded:

cjk374

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 2335
  • The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

  • Age: 50
  • Location: Simsboro, LA
  • Last Login: February 22, 2024, 07:21:36 PM
Re: DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2022, 07:10:56 PM »

I just returned to the Garden State a few hours ago. It was a great trip and look forward to revisiting Natchez at some point in the future. Now for the crummy parts of traveling...unpacking and laundry and attending to a week and a half's worth of unread mail  :ded:

Glad to hear you made it home sir! If you come back this way, lemme know.
Logged
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

cjk374

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 2335
  • The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

  • Age: 50
  • Location: Simsboro, LA
  • Last Login: February 22, 2024, 07:21:36 PM
Re: DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2022, 07:14:13 PM »

I have been absent the last few days due to many hours driving, but I am finally safe and sound at my parents' house south of Richmond, VA.  (Basically, I followed MS 33/LA 19 back to Baton Rouge, followed I-10/I-12 to US 301, and followed US 301 to NC before snagging NC 4 and taking NC/SR 903 to South Hill, VA, before heading here via I-85.)

I did quite a few loops to get the I-110s in Biloxi and Pensacola and was impressed by all of the water crossings (and that the FL 281 bridge now takes EZPASS).  Also due to hotel issues related to a rebranding, I also got myself more time to tour US 70 around Selma-Smithfield before I-42 takes over.



It was good to meet you at the meet, and glad you got to see lots of sights before making it home.
Logged
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

oscar

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 10804
  • Age: 67
  • Location: Arlington, VA
  • Last Login: Today at 02:47:05 PM
    • my Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: DEFINITE Natchez, MS meet March 19, 2022!!
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2022, 09:47:27 PM »

Just got back home. As noted above, I came back from the meet the long way, via Texas.

I came back pooped, from both the final days of the trip and also the medical procedures I had to endure once I got back (including an MRI exam at 5:30am, for which I had to stay overnight in a recovery bed, to make sure I was available when a time slot for the machine opened up).

As with other meet attendees, much of my itinerary to and from the meet was county-collecting. On the way out to Natchez, I re-completed Alabama for my "round 2" count, then some more counties in central Mississippi and NE Louisiana. On the way out of Natchez, I finished off "round 2" in Mississippi, then the southern layer of parishes in Louisiana to re-complete that state. In Texas, I finished off US 57, and re-clinched I-35 and I-169 (weird that all of the latter's Interstate route markers were on frontage roads, with at-grade road and rail crossings, rather than the Interstate-grade TX 550 Toll), Then I re-completed its counties for "round 2" (it helped that I had about 90% of its 254 counties covered pre-meet, but the other 10% were widely scattered across the state). I didn't have time to finish off Arkansas, but did cover the northern layer of counties, and a small cluster west of Little Rock. Then I re-completed Tennessee with its northern layer of counties, including out-of-the-way Lake and Houston counties, before limping home on April 6.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:25:28 PM by oscar »
Logged
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

 


Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.